or Easy Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins
to help you get into the fall spirit.
(mine will fight to the death for the ones with Glace Icing), Colorburst Cupcakes,
or Peanut Butter Sandwich Cookies. And speaking of birthdays, when cake time rolls around (which, after all, is the most important part of birthdays), this monkey cake (and cupcakes) is top banana. Bad joke. It’s been a long day. 🙂
and shake it to remove the excess chocolate. Insert a lollipop stick into the bottom and lay the chocolate-covered treat onto a piece of wax paper coated with vegetable shortening.
- Rice Krispy Treats (on the cereal box) and/or Double Stuft Oreos
- 1 bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3 Tbsp. canola oil
- Peppermint Mentos
- Candy corn
- Long lollipop sticks
- Wax paper
- Using a heavy-duty round cookie cutter, cut desired number of circles out of the Rice Krispy Treats. If using Oreos, carefully insert a lollipop stick about halfway into the cream filling. Set aside.
- In a 9" pie plate, combine the chocolate chips and oil. Heat on high for about 2 minutes or until the chocolate is smooth and liquid, stirring every 30 seconds.
- Dip each treat/cookie into the chocolate and twirl to remove the excess chocolate. Insert a lollipop stick halfway into the dipped Rice Krispy treat. Place dipped treats onto a sheet of greased wax paper.
- Place 2 Mentos on each "owl" for eyes and a candy corn for a beak. Spoon a few tablespoons of remaining chocolate into a Ziploc bag and cut off a tiny corner. Dot each Mento to make an eye. Allow to cool and harden--you can place them in the fridge or freezer to hurry things along.
- Great tip: If making Rice Krispy Treats, be sure to line the pan with greased wax paper. When they have set up, you can just pull out the wax paper, making your life infinitely easier!