Posted in Easter, Kate

easter roundupI have a confession. I thought this Sunday was Easter. And I didn’t get why Sara still had Easter recipes on the calendar next week, and I freaked out and paid extra for shipping on an Easter dress for my daughter to ensure its timely delivery and I told my husband who’s been working crazy hours that he would under no circumstances be at work on this Sunday. And then all the pieces started falling into place, like when Buddy the Elf realizes that he’s actually a human and not, in fact, an elf, and I realized Sunday is not  Easter. But that’s cool. That just means it gives me time to  actually plan an Easter menu (and, of course, help you plan yours!) So here’s a roundup of some of our favorite goodies that could make their way to your Easter table. Since, like Thanksgiving, the main dish for Easter is generally a family tradition and takes care of itself, I left that one alone and just have a collection of appetizers, side dishes, desserts, breads we thought you might be interested in. So take a look!

appetizersBacon-Wrapped Cocktail Sausages

bacon-wrapped little smokies 2

Bacon-Wrapped Teriyaki Chicken Skewers

Bacon-Wrapped Teriyaki Chicken Skewers 1 crBruschetta

bruschetta 2 Garlic Artichoke Dip

garlic artichoke dip

Roasted Red Pepper Dip

Cheesy roasted red pepper dip

breads

Easy Chicky Cupcakes

Chicky-Cupcakes

Dinosaur EggsDinosaur-Eggs-2

desserts

Lemon Buttermilk Sheet Cake

lemon buttermilk sheet cake

Layered Jello (just use Easter-y colors!)

layered jello

Chocolate-Drizzled Strawberries & Cream Pie

chocolate drizzled strawberries and cream pie

French Silk Pie

french-silk-pie-3_edited-1

Creamy Lemon (or Lime) Bars

Creamy-Lemon-Bars

Carrot Cake Supreme

carrot cake

Caramel Cake

caramel cake

Banana Cream Pie

banana cream pieBerry Cobbler

Triple-Berry-Cobbler_with-ice-cream

Almond Toffee Tart

7 almond toffee torte

We’ll be back next week with fun Easter goodies and maybe even a little giveaway. Have a fun and safe weekend!

Ellie says:

How have I never seen that Almond Toffee Tart before? It looks amazing. Dessert is always the hardest thing for me to figure out on Easter and I think you have just solved that problem. Thanks! I’m thinking it would look and taste lovely with a little melted chocolate drizzled over each piece before adding the dollop of cream.

Kathy says:

Great roundup of Easter ideas! The dinner rolls look fabulous!

I keep getting this week & next week mixed up too! Both weekends we are going out of town and doing Eastery stuff, so I almost freaked out about an Easter outfit the other day.

Amanda says:

I need all of this! Those Bacon-Wrapped Cocktail Sausages and French Silk and Banana Cream Pies, I want them now :)

Kira says:

Easter is such a tease, always changing dates-at least we can count on Thanksgiving to always be in the same month. Awesome post!

Judith Falconer says:

This is a wonderful site…just got here…much to explore. Recipes look great…always appreciate pics of food & preps. Crafts too??? Great job overall…I’ll be back often…thx

Andrea says:

So, I stumbled upon your blog a little over a week ago while searching for “diet” recipes. I found your Guiltless Alfredo sauce, and was thrilled to see that you had so much more on here. Of course, I clicked on nothing remotely dietary, and went straight for the deserts and cheesy garlic swirls. You ladies are awesome! All your posts crack me up or put me in a good mood. In a hungry mood also! I’m completely addicted now! I will for sure be doing these silk dyed eggs for Easter! I may even give a go at the Cheesey Garlic Swirls and the Blue Cheese Potatoes, though my cooking skills are sub par at best! Thanks for getting my cooking and crafting brain going!!

Carmen Bailey says:

Sorry this is probably an annoying comment but I clicked on the pics to look at the recipe and it just brought up the picture bigger. Is there a way to do all the work of including the link in the title of the recipe or the picture so that it’s easier for lazy me?

Jilly W. says:

THANK YOU for this post! So many great recipes! I am always asked to bring the salad to family gatherings and have had some real winners lately, but I was stumped what to bring for Easter. The Spinach Mandarin Poppy Seed Salad is going to be perfect. Thanks for making me look good!!!

Melissa says:

These look fabulous! I love desserts, the Caramel Cake sounds great!

Everything looks so delish and fun! Love the wreath, dinosaur eggs and ornaments!

Jodi J. says:

It makes me feel better that I’m not the only one who has no clue when Easter is. My primary teachers are all wondering why we are doing the Easter lesson this Sunday. I just tell them because I had no clue what I was doing when I made the lesson schedules out. Just go with it folks! These recipes look awesome. Tried the silk dyed Easter eggs last year. Love it!!

There is a special kind of bread made at Easter time here in the Middle East, it is particularly a Palestinian tradition.
    It is a very tasty bread because of the spices added to it. We enjoy it on Easter mornings with eggs and “Labneh”/ strained yogurt.

The recipe can be found on my blog: http://wp.me/p13Tbm-jf

Patti says:

Kate, I just have to say- I love you. But not in a creepy way. You keep me grounded (not like on restriction or time out, although Time Out with you is awesome!).

meghan says:

Woow. All of them look so delicious. I’ll find it difficult to choose only a few of them. :) Actually these recipes fit in perfectly with my plans right now. To be more precise, in February my husband gave me a perfect gift for St. Valentine’s Day – a cooking class for couples organized by Zac’s cooking school here in Vancouver so I’m now collecting interesting recipes to come up with during that course and this is a great source of inspiration for both of us. :)