Remember this post back in February, when I showed you photos of my house being turned into a filming studio?  And photos of these amazing Blueberry Lemon Ricotta Cheesecake Bars?

Blueberry-Lemon-Ricotta-Cheesecake-Bars-from-Our-Best-Bites

Well I’m still getting asked about this recipe, and now 5 months later, I’m finally delivering!  First, grab some popcorn and press play on this little video below, then we’ll talk dessert.  (Or breakfast, or midnight snack.  This is a no-judge zone.)

If you’ve never had an Italian style ricotta cheesecake, it’s different than a traditional cream cheese style one.  Ricotta has a natural texture to it; a little bit of graininess, and pureeing it with sugar until it’s glossy and smooth really helps with the overall texture of these bars, but know that it’s supposed to be different than a normal cheesecake.   Look at the difference though, comparing what ricotta looks like straight out of the container:

Ricotta Before and then after pureeing in in the food processor with some sugar:

Ricotta After
gorgeous, isn’t it?

I love this because it’s a little bit different, and is still creamy and rich without feeling really heavy.  Here’s a couple of tips though, if you’ve never baked ricotta cheesecake:

1.  Do not over-bake.  If anything, under-bake just a little bit.  Over-baking will instantly dry out the cheesecake and cause it to be grainy and crumbly.

2.  Don’t cheat on the chilling.  Chill overnight for the best possible texture.  Since it should be baked super soft, it needs a thorough chilling to not only hold everything together, but to give all of the flavors a chance to marry together.  And boy do they marry.

Blueberry Lemon Ricotta Cheesecake Bars from OBB

I made this recipe using products from the Simple Truth brand available at Kroger stores (and all stores within the Kroger family; where I live, that’s Fred Meyer.)  I really love Simple Truth products and have been using them long before I partnered up for a few videos, so this was really fun for me.  You can keep up with Simple Truth on Facebook, and check out the great product line at a Kroger store near you!

Kate InstagramSara Instagram-2

Jessica says:

Looks delicious! I can’t find the video though. Is it just too early in the morning and I’m not thinking clearly enough to see it? Love you guys!

These sound fabulous!! Lovely recipe!

Amanda says:

Ricotta cheesecake is our favorite, so adding lemon & blueberry sounds divine!!

heather r says:

Don’t see a video link. :(

Suzanne says:

Am I missing something? I don’t see a video? Looks amazing though, and I have everything on hand to whip these out today!

Tieghan says:

Wow, these look so yummy! Those blueberries running down the sides look so good!

Caro says:

Hope the video tells how to make the sauce. Can I assume that fresh blueberries would work?

Lisa says:

Love the video! I want to run to the store right now.

Amy Allen says:

Awesome job on the video!!!

Kelsey says:

Great job on the video!

Andrea says:

Love the video! You’re a natural;) Everything looked so beautiful!

Michelle L. says:

Nice job with the video! Your kitchen is so beautiful! Look forward to trying this recipe out soon.

Julie says:

Sara, could this be doubled and baked in a 13×9 pan? They look wonderful :)

Becky says:

I’m about to make them, so excited! I noticed that your video talks about cooking the crust for 10 minutes before putting the cheesecake layer on, but I don’t see that anywhere in the actual recipe. Just wanted to double check on that before I started.

Melissa says:

I really enjoyed the video – I’m a visual person and it was really helpful in seeing how quick and easy the recipe comes together. Thanks for sharing, I can’t wait to give this a try!

Looks yummy! You did a great job in the video!

JP says:

Hate to be perverse, but do you think this could be made with frozen strawberries?…I have a bunch in the freezer. Thanks!

Megan D says:

Well aren’t you a complete natural in front of the camera?! Loved it. I will definitely be making these – they look so yummy and summery. Aaaaand I am STILL coveting that kitchen of yours. So gorgeous.

Danielle says:

It as so fun to watch you!! We hear your written “voice” all the time.. Great to hear your “real” voice!!!

Andrea says:

It’s a good thing I just bought 5 pounds of blueberries. Now I need a few gallons of ricotta…. :)

Laurel Day says:

Love the video, it’s a nice touch! I kept expecting you to say something sarcastic the whole time though. ;)
    These look yummy, some of my favorite flavors all mixed together. Do you think they would freeze well if I wanted to make them and take them on a campout to keep them cooler longer?

Wow do these look amazing! I can’t just taste them right now. These are definitely going on my have-to-make-now list. I can’t wait. :)

Melissa L. says:

Wow! Beautiful recipe and a beautiful girl! Excellent job on both. :)
    (And I just pruned my lemon tree yesterday so have lots to use up!)

Ellie says:

Does your fridge always look so organized? Can you come do mine?

Recipe sounds delicious and I might even be able to convince my husband to try it if it’s not heavy as regular cheesecake.

Haha, no. It was a total Mtv Cribs moment- you know, when they open the fridge and all that’s in there is 87 bottles of perfectly organized water. Lol

Geneve Fallon says:

Those look sooo yummy! I had the same question as Julie-can we double the recipe and bake in a 9×13? And which parts work well to do ahead of time?

Yes, you could probably do that, although you’d have to eyeball the baking time as I’m not sure how long it would take! And you can make these up until the final bake ahead of time. I’d wait to put the topping on until right before baking as well.

They look delicious. Love the drizzle dripping down the sides.

Lindsay says:

Thank you!!! I am so eager to try this recipe!!! They look simply delish!!

Brenda P says:

Love the video! You are adorable! Can’t wait to make these soon.

Kimberly says:

It’s so fun to hear your voice! :) These look delicious!

Sara you are a natural on camera! I am sure one day soon we will see you and Kate on the Food Network! And this cheesecake! Oh my, mouth is watering!

garysgirl says:

Mmmmm! Those look amazing! And I love your video! You all need to make more video tutorials! :))

Nessa says:

Oh man! These look killer :)

Wendi says:

Awesome recipe! I’ve made them twice in the last 4 days! This is definitely a “keeper” :-)

Oh my gosh Sara, you are adorable and did such an amazing job with that video! And the blueberry cheesecake bars look amazing too! :)