The perfect mini batch, resulting in just one pan of scrumptious chocolate chip cookies. Enough to enjoy, but not over-indulge!
- 3 tablespoons real butter, softened
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon flour
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 pinch table salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips, or add-ins of your choice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment or non-stick mat.
- Place butter in a small-medium sized mixing bowl and microwave for about 8-10 seconds. It should be soft enough to mix easily with a spoon, even semi-melted to completely melted is okay. Add sugar and beat with a rubber spatula or wooden spoon till fluffy. Add in egg yolk and vanilla and mix well until fully incorporated. Add flour, baking soda, and salt all at once and mix until all combined. Add your chocolate chips or other add-ins and mix.
- Use a cookie scoop, or roll into balls. Bake for about 9-10 minutes. Cool for 1-2 minutes on baking sheet and then transfer to cooking rack.
- You can make this recipe with softened butter, or completely melted butter. Both methods yield delicious cookies with slightly different textures. Try both and see which you prefer!