Make a dozen of these and freeze the extras for a protein-packed breakfast on busy weekday mornings!
- 12 eggs
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon Jalapeño Tabasco sauce
- 1 cup minced mushrooms
- 1 small red bell pepper, minced (about 1 cup)
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 6 ounces bacon, cooked and chopped
- 8 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350. Whisk together the eggs, water, salt, and tabasco until the eggs are well blended (or pulse for a few seconds in a blender.) Grease or spray a 12-cup muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- Toss together the mushrooms, bell pepper, green onions, and bacon. Distribute evenly among the greased muffin tins (it’s usually about a small handful in each cup.) Evenly distribute the cheese over the veggies and bacon. Pour the eggs over the cups to near the top of the muffin tin. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until cooked through.
- To freeze for future use, allow to cool completely, then place in a large Ziploc bag and place in freezer. When ready to eat, place one muffin on a paper towel thaw for 45 seconds at 30% power and then heat for 30 seconds at full power.
- Nutrition Information (per muffin)
- Calories: 221
- Fat: 16
- Carbs: 2
- Sugars: 1
- Protein: 16
- Fiber: 0