A breakfast twist on one of our most popular recipes, these Baked Taquitos are full of flavor, and can even be prepped ahead of time!
For the Taquitos
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 12 large eggs
- 1/2 C Sour Cream
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 1/2 C grated pepperjack cheese
- 1/4 C chopped roasted red bell peppers
- 1/4 C sliced green onions
- 1/4 C chopped cilantro
- 1–2 tsp hot sauce
- 16 6″ flour tortillas
- cooking spray or olive oil
For the Dipping Sauce
- 1 1/2 C Sour Cream
- 1 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1/4 tsp chipotle chili powder
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil for easy clean-up. Spray with cooking spray or lightly brush with oil and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Crack eggs into large mixing bowl. Whisk in 1/2 C sour cream, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. When skillet is hot, add egg mixture to pan. Using a rubber spatula, gently scrape bottom of pan and fold eggs over to scramble. Remove from heat when slightly undercooked. Eggs should hold together but still be wet and loose looking. Add cheese, roasted red peppers, green onions, cilantro, and hot sauce to taste. Gently fold to combine.
- Warm tortillas in microwave if needed to ease rolling process. Working with a few tortillas at a time, place a scant 1/4 C egg mixture into the center of each one and roll up into a cylinder. Place rolled tortillas on prepared baking sheet, seam-side down, so they are not touching each other. When all tortillas are rolled and filled, lightly spray tops with cooking spray, or lightly brush with olive oil. Bake for 15 minutes or until edges are golden brown and crisp.
- While taquitos are baking, coming 1 1/2 C sour cream, lime juice, chipotle chili powder and kosher salt. Feel free to add more chipotle for heat or more salt or lime to taste! Stir to combine and store in fridge. Remove taquitos from oven , let cool for 5 minutes, and then serve with dipping sauce.
Make Ahead Prep
- The egg mixture can be made a day ahead of time and stored in the fridge until ready to use. You can also prepare the taquitos and instead of baking right away, cover tightly in plastic wrap and store in the fridge overnight, or freeze for later use. To prepare frozen taquitos, place (un-thawed) directly on a baking sheet sprayed with non-stick spray. Follow original baking instructions, increasing time by 5 minutes or until taquitos are golden brown.