Light and fresh and perfect for drizzling over fresh tomatoes and fresh mozzarella, your favorite salad, or as a marinade for chicken, flank steak, or fish.
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 cups packed fresh basil leaves
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Place the garlic in the jar of your blender and pulse a few times to mince the garlic. Add the basil, lemon juice, vinegar, olive oil, and red pepper flakes and pulse until a dressing consistency is formed (but it isn’t completely smooth–you still want some texture from the basil. Season to taste with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- I used our garlic olive oil, but lemon, chili, or regular olive oil, or any combination would be fantastic