The perfect blend of lemon, blueberry, ginger, vanilla, and a hint of cinnamon, this baked oatmeal will become a family favorite!
- 3 cups rolled oats (not quick-cooking)
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ginger (ground or fresh)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Spray a 9″ pie plate with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, brown sugar, cinnamon, ginger baking powder, salt, and blueberries. In a smaller bowl, whisk together the milk, butter, vanilla, eggs, and lemon zest. Add the liquid mixture to the dry mixture and stir to combine. Transfer the mixture to the prepared pie plate and bake for 40 minutes or until the top is golden brown. Serve immediately with a splash of warm milk.
- Serving Size: 8