A tender fluffy cake with a natural sweetness from pureed carrots, topped with chocolate frosting.
- 2 cups sliced carrots (about 3 large carrots)
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1 3/4 cup white sugar
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- Chocolate Icing
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon corn syrup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9×13 pan with non-stick spray OR butter and flour a budnt pan.
- Place carrots (no need to peel them), eggs, and oil in blender and blend until smooth. I suggest leaving the blender on for a full minute to make sure it’s nice and smooth. Add sugar and pulse to combine. Add dry ingredients and gently stir with rubber spatula and then blend until evenly distributed.
- Pour batter in prepared pan and bake for about 30-40 minutes (depending on your pan, keep an eye on it) and remove from oven with a skewer comes out with just a few moist crumbs attached.
- If using a budnt pan, let cool to just barely warm before inverting.
- To make glaze combine all ingredietns in double boiler (simply place a glass bowl over the top of a pot with a couple inches of simmering water in it) and stir until melted and smooth. Pour over cake and serve.