You’ll always want to keep a batch of this all-natural taco seasoning whipped up in your pantry–you’ll never run out again!
- 3/4 cup chili powder
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons ground coriander
- 1/4 cup kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoons black pepper (replace with cayenne pepper if you like things spicy)
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
SWEET AND SMOKY
- Replace paprika with smoked paprika, 1/3 of the chili powder with chipotle chili powder, and add 1 teaspoon brown sugar per 1 pound meat when you add the seasoning mix.
- Add 1/4 cup True Lime granules.
- Whisk together in a large bowl or place ingredients in a jar with a lid and shake vigorously until well combined.
- To make seasoned ground beef, heat 1-2 teaspoons olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. When hot, add 1 pound ground beef, 1 chopped onion, and 2 cloves minced garlic. Cook, stirring frequently, until the meat is browned. Add 1/4 cup taco seasoning and 2/3 cup beef broth (or 2 cup water + 1/2 heaping teaspoon of beef base like Better than Bouillon) and simmer on low for 5 minutes before serving. If making the sweet and smoky variety, add 1 teaspoon of brown sugar when you add the spice mix.
- Spice mix can be stored in an airtight container for about 1 year in your cupboard or in the freezer indefinitely.