- 1/2 C shortening (I use butter flavored)*
- 1/2 C Butter
- 1 C brown sugar
- 1 C white sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 1/2 t vanilla
- 1 t baking powder
- 1 t baking soda
- 1/2 t salt
- 2 1/2 C flour
- 6T unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 10 oz bag Cadbury Mini-Eggs
*I like a mixture of shortening plus butter, but you can use all butter if you like.
- Preheat oven to 350. You’ll need to chop up those Cadbury Eggs. I just put them in a ziplock bag and bang on them with a marble rolling pin until they look like the picture below. A hammer would work too. Go get a kid and put him to work.
- Cream together the butter, shortening, brown sugar and white sugar. Add in eggs one at at a time and the vanilla. In a separate bowl whisk together the flour, soda, baking powder, salt, and cocoa powder. Add to the butter mixture to combine. You may want to reserve a small handful of chocolate pieces to put on top of dough balls, but then mix in the remainder. If you want your cookies to look pretty like mine, place a few of the reserved pieces on top of each cookie before baking so you get those colorful speckles on top!
- Drop onto a cookie sheet and cook for about 8-10 minutes. Mine are always done in exactly 9. They’re soft and fudgy in the middle and a little crisp on the edges with crunchy little candy bits throughout.