- 1/2 C Crisco (I use butter flavored)
- 1/2 C Butter
- 1 C brown sugar
- 1 C white sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 1/2 t vanilla
- 1 t baking powder
- 1 t baking soda
- 1/2 t salt
- 2 1/2 C flour
- 6T unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 10 oz bag Cadbury Mini-Eggs*
- Preheat oven to 350. You’ll need to chop up those Cadbury Eggs. I just put them in a ziplock bag and bang on them with a marble rolling pin until they look like the picture below. A hammer would work too. Go get a kid and put him to work.
- You know the drill. Cream together the butter, crisco, brown sugar and white sugar. Add in eggs one at at a time and the vanilla. In a separate bowl whisk together the flour, soda, baking powder, salt, and cocoa powder. Add to the butter mixture to combine and then mix in the candies. And a little secret…if you want your cookies to look pretty like mine, save a few egg pieces and pop them on top of the cookies before baking so you get those colorful speckles on top!
- Drop onto a cookie sheet and cook for about 8-10 minutes. Mine are always done in exactly 9. They’re soft and fudgy in the middle and a little crisp on the edges with crunchy little candy bits throughout. Yummers.