- 1 cup (2 sticks) salted butter at room temperature
- 1/2 cup dry vanilla (yellow or white) cake mix
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- 1/4 cup rainbow sprinkles
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, mix the butter on medium speed until smooth. Turn the speed to low and add the cake mix, powdered sugar, and cream, mixing until just combined. Turn the speed back up to medium and beat for an addition minute, until the frosting is smooth and creamy.
- Add the sprinkles and mix on low until incorporated.
- Spread onto graham crackers, Nilla Wafers, or your finger. Whatever. WE’RE TALKING ABOUT RAINBOW SPRINKLES HERE, all rules go out the window. Makes 1 1/2 cups frosting.
- Store airtight at room temperature for up to 2 days, refrigerated for 5 days, or in the freezer for 1 month. If refrigerated or frozen, allow tht frosting to return to room temperature before using.