These candied coconut sweet potatoes will be the star of your Thanksgiving table! Creamy sweet potatoes with a caramelized coconut topping. To. Die. For.
- 4 cups mashed sweet potatoes (about 4 medium sweet potatoes or two 29-ounce cans, drained and rinsed)
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter (no margarine), softened or melted
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 of a 14 ounce can Sweetened Condensed Milk (about 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- If you’re feeling naughty you can double this part…
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups sweetened coconut flakes
- 6 tablespoons melted butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add sweet potatoes, sugar, butter, eggs, sweetened condensed milk, and vanilla to a bowl and mix with an electric mixer until creamy. Spread in a 9×13 pan.
- Mix topping ingredients together until everything is incorporated and sprinkle over sweet potatoes.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes until topping is golden brown.
- You can make these a day ahead of time and then bake when ready!