Super easy pecan pie recipe made with Rolo candies! Serve it with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream with chocolate and caramel.
- 1 9″ pie crust (refrigerated, or see tip below)
- 40 Rolo candies, unwrapped
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 heaping teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup pecan halves
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Place the rolled pie crust in a 9″ pie plate and refrigerate until ready to use.
- In a small saucepan, combine the Rolos, butter, and milk and cook on low, stirring very frequently, until melted and smooth.
- While the Rolos are melting, combine the brown sugar, eggs, vanilla, and salt in a large mixing bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer. Using an electric mixer, mix on high speed for about 1 minute or until combined, light, and frothy. Slowly add in the melted caramel mixture, then stir in the pecans by hand. The mixture will be very thin.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pie shell and bake for 40-50 minutes or until golden on top, but the pie still jiggles when you bump it. Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely. Serve cold or at room temperature with a dollop of sweetened whip cream or a scoop of vanilla ice cream and, if desired, chocolate and caramel sauce.