Just a handful of simple ingredients and a few minutes leads to one of the most delicious meals ever! Always a huge hit with everyone!
- 1 pound sirloin steak
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 medium yellow onion
- Smoked provolone slices
- Kosher salt and freshly-ground black pepper
- Hot sauce (like Tabasco or Cholula; optional, I suppose, but super yummy!)
- 4–6 Hoagie rolls
- Slice bell peppers and onions (preferably in the food processor). Set aside. Slice frozen meat (again, food processor). Set aside. Heat 2 tablespoons butter over medium-high heat in a large skillet (cast iron, if you have one). Spread the steak evenly over the bottom of the skillet and season generously with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, stirring occasionally. When meat is about halfway cooked, add peppers and onions. Stir occasionally, cooking until most of the liquid is evaporated and meat is cooked through. Season with hot sauce to taste.
- Slice buns and spread butter on the top half. Spoon the steak mixture onto the bottom half. Top with cheese and place under broiler for 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted and bread is slightly toasty. Enjoy!
- Freezer Instructions: Slice the meat, onions, and peppers according to the directions. Place the meat on one lined baking sheet in a single layer and the onions and peppers on another lined baking sheet in a single layer. Place in the freezer. When frozen, remove from the freezer and transfer the meat to one freezer bag and the onions and peppers to another freezer bag.
- When ready to cook, cook according to the directions in the recipe, just for a little longer to allow the excess water to evaporate and the frozen meat to cook thoroughly. Follow the directions above for serving.