The ultimate chocolate zucchini bundt cake. Moist, tender, and delicious!
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 3/4 teaspoons table salt
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 6 tablespoons brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 4 cups shredded zucchini
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 1/2 tablespoons coconut oil or butter
- 1 1/2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter the inside of a bundt pan and dust with cocoa powder. Set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa powder, salt and baking soda
- In the bowl of a stand mixer (or hand mixer) combine oil, sugars, eggs and vanilla. Mix to combine and then stir in sour cream just until blended.
- Add zucchini until just combined. Add all but about 1 tablespoon of the dry ingredients to the bowl and mix until just incorporated. Add chocolate chips to the remaining tablespoon of dry ingredients and toss to coat them and then stir them into the batter.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for about 1 hour 10-15 minutes. Start checking cake after about 60 minutes. Check doneness with a skewer.
- Let cake cool on a rack for about 10 minutes and then invert to remove from bundt.
- To make Glaze: combine coconut oil/butter, corn syrup and water in a microwave safe bowl. Heat for about 30 seconds in the microwave and then beat in powdered sugar and cocoa powder with a hand mixer. Let cool for a minute or two until it’s a good glazing consistency and then drizzle over cake.
- This cake actually tastes best when it is all the way cool. And I think it’s even better the next day! Just keep it well covered to store overnight.