- 10 cups peeled, sliced Granny Smith apples (about 5 medium apples)
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 heaping teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- 1/2 cup salted butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9×13″ pan.
- To make the filling, place the sliced apples in the prepared 9×13″ pan, Mix together the remaining filling ingredients and sprinkle over the apples, then toss to evenly coat the apples. Set aside.
- To make the topping, toss together all the topping ingredients except for the butter until well-mixed. Drizzle the butter over the mixture and stir to combine. Evenly distribute the topping over the apple mixture.
- Place the pan in the preheated oven and bake for 45 minutes. When done baking, serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or freshly whipped cream.
If you don’t have any pumpkin pie spice, you can make your own by mixing together
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 3/4 teaspoons ground cloves
- Combine and store in an airtight container and use as needed.
- Serving Size: 12