This easy chocolate fudge recipe is simple to make and can be customized in a variety of ways!
14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
¼ teaspoon table salt
12 oz quality chocolate*
I recommend AMERICAN HERITAGE® Finely grated baking Chocolate for a unique, gourmet flavor. If using standard chocolate chips, you can use any favorite but I recommend something semi-sweet or dark since there is plenty of sweetness in the recipe already.
Stove Top Instructions
- Line an 8 x 8 square pan with parchment, letting the paper overhang on 2 sides to create a sling. Set aside.
- Pour sweetened condensed milk into a medium-large sized pot over low heat. Stir frequently until milk is warmed, you will notice a change in consistency as it loses thickness.
- Stir in vanilla and salt.
- Add chocolate in 3 additions, stirring until completely melted between each addition.
- Vigorously stir after final addition to make sure mixture is well combined. It should be glossy and smooth.
- Transfer mixture into prepared pan and spread out evenly. Let cool for 2-3 hours to room temperature or chill in fridge to speed up process.
- To serve, use parchment sling to remove fudge from pan and place on a cutting board. Slice into squares. Tip: Run a large, sharp knife under hot water, dry quickly, and cut fudge for easy and clean cutting. Repeat between multiple cuts.
Microwave Instructions: This process can also be done in the microwave. Heat sweetened condensed milk for 30 seconds and then stir in salt and vanilla. Add chocolate, stir, and then heat at 50% power in 30 second intervals, stirring in between each one) until melted and smooth.
Flavor Variations: Substitute a flavor extract of your choice in place of vanilla, such as peppermint, anise, or orange. Add fun extras to the top of your fudge by adding immediately after transferring fudge to pan, and use clean hands to gently press into the top of the fudge if needed. Some ideas include graham crackers and mini marshmallows, crushed peppermint candies and crumbled chocolate cookies, or melted caramel and sea salt. You may also stir additions into fudge before transferring to pan.
Keywords: fudge, chocolate fudge