A classic recipe for perfectly simple deviled eggs.
- 6 large or extra large eggs, hardboiled
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon mustard (dijon or yellow)
- 1/4 teaspoon white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons dill pickle juice*
- salt and pepper to taste
- optional: thinly sliced green onion
Slice cooked eggs in half and gently scoop out yolks and place in a small mixing bowl. Add mayonnaise, mustard and vinegar. *Add the pickle juice slowly to make sure it doesn’t get too runny, you may not need the full 2 tablespoons. I like mine with a lot, but depending on the size of your yolks you may need much less. Stop when you have a good consistency!
Add salt and pepper to taste and then spoon filling back into halved egg whites. Top with a light sprinkle of paprika and green onions if desired.