- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 cups chicken broth (2 cartons)
- 1 7oz can mild green chilies
- 1/2 cup long-grain white rice, uncooked
- 1 teaspoon ground cumiin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 cups cooked, shredded chicken breast
- 1 1/2 cups fresh, frozen corn
- 1 16oz package 2% milk Velveeta, diced
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
Heat olive oil in a large soup pot. Add onion and sauté 4-5 minutes, until tender. Add garlic and cook for about 30 seconds, until fragrant. Add chicken broth, green chilies, rice, cumin, chili powder. Bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer until rice is cooked, about 20 minutes. Turn heat to low and add corn and chicken. Add Velveeta and stir until melted and smooth. Season to taste.
Remove pot from heat and stir in 1/2 cup sour cream. Serve into bowls and top with remaining sour cream and cilantro. Serves 12.