This cool, easy side dish is perfect summer (and the perfect way to use up all those cucumbers in your garden!)
- 4 large cucumbers (or 3 large English cucumbers)
- 1 medium red onion
- 1 cup sour cream or plain Greek yogurt (low-fat of either is fine, but skip the fat free)
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dill weed
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 clove grated garlic
- 2–4 tablespoons sugar (based on personal preference; I don’t like it super sweet, but it’s traditionally more sweet)
- If using regular cucumbers, peel them (English cucumbers have thin skin and don’t need to be peeled). Thinly slice them and place in a large bowl. Half the red onion and thinly slice it and add it to the cucumbers.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the sour cream or Greek yogurt, vinegar, dill weed, salt, pepper, grated garlic, and sugar. Drizzle it over the cucumbers and onions and toss gently to combine. Cover and chill for at least 1 hour before serving.