These pumpkin cream cheese bites are a must for fall weather.
- 2 c. all-purpose flour
- 2/3 c. packed brown sugar
- 1/2 c. uncooked regular oats
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/3 c. finely chopped pecans (or walnuts)
- 3/4 c. butter, melted
Pumpkin Cream Cheese Filling
- 1 small can pumpkin
- 2 8-oz. packages cream cheese (light works great), softened
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 1 c. sugar
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. allspice
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- Sweetened whipped cream (optional, but not really…)
- For the Crust: Combine flour, sugar, oats, salt, and nuts in a medium bowl. Add melted butter and combine with hands until mixture is coarse and crumbly.
- For mini tarts, drop a generous teaspoon of mixture into each hole; for cupcake-sized tarts, line a tin with foil cupcake liners and drop a generous tablespoon into each liner. Press down. Use leftover mixture to sprinkle on tarts before baking.
For the filling
- Combine pumpkin, cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla with an electric mixer until smooth. Add eggs and seasoning and mix completely. Spoon into prepared crust (1 Tbsp. for minis, 2 generous Tbsp. for regulars)and sprinkle with reserved topping. Bake at 350; for mini tarts, bake for about 15 minutes. For the regular tarts, bake closer to 20. If you’d like the crumb topping a little darker, you can turn the broiler on for a few minutes, but you have to keep a close eye on them because they will literally burn in a few seconds.
- Allow to cool completely and then refrigerate for at LEAST 24 hours. Run a knife around the edge of each tart to loosen and then gently pop out with the knife. Serve with sweetened whipped cream if desired.