I made these in 6th grade science class! More recently I’ve seen then pop up in Family Fun magazine and other science sources. A great way to spend a summer afternoon with the kids!
- Empty water bottles or jars
- Liquid food coloring
- Effervescent antacid tablets
- Fill a water bottle 1/3 full with water and the rest of the way with oil.
- Add several drops of liquid food coloring.
- When the color is settled at the bottom, drop in an antacid tablet and watch the colored bubbles rise to the top.
- Be sure to supervise when in use by children and discard or put out of reach when finished. You don’t want a small child to mistake the bottle for juice.