- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 2–1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1–1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1–1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 tsp. lemon juice
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups semi-sweet, chocolate chips
- 1–1/2 cup finely chopped pecans, toasted (original recipe calls for walnuts, I say pecans)
- Grind oats in a food processor or blender until fine. Combine the ground oats with the flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon in a medium bowl.
- Cream together the butter, sugars, vanilla, and lemon juice in another medium bowl with an electric mixer. Add the eggs and mix until smooth. Stir the dry mixture into the wet mixture and blend well. Add the chocolate chips and nuts to the dough and mix until ingredients are well blended.
- For the best results, chill the dough in the refrigerator before baking the cookies for 6-8 hours or longer.
- Spoon rounded portions onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Place the scoops about 2 inches apart. Bake in a 350°F oven for 12-15 minutes or until cookies are light brown and soft in the middle. Store in a sealed container when cool to keep soft.