This comes together in just minutes, and is perfect for busy weeknights.
- 1/4 cup beef broth
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/4–1/2 teaspoon Sriracha sauce
- 1–2 teaspoons sesame oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh garlic
- 1/2 small red onion, sliced
- 1 12-ounce package fresh or frozen vegetables (like a stir-fry mix or broccoli)
- Kosher salt to taste
- Sesame seeds
Whisk together the beef broth, soy sauce, Sriracha, 1 teaspoon sesame oil, and honey. Set aside.
Heat 2 tablespoons canola oil in a large non-stick skillet or wok over medium-high heat. When very hot, add the onions, ginger, and garlic in that order and stir fry for about 20 seconds. Add the veggies and stir fry for 2-3 minutes or until the veggies are dark and bright but still crisp. Add the sauce and stir fry for another 2-3 minutes or until the veggies are tender-crisp. Transfer to a serving dish and drizzle with another 1/2-1 teaspoon sesame oil and sprinkle with kosher salt to taste and sesame seeds. Serves 4-6.
*Variation: To make this a meal, add thin slices of steak or chicken breast before you add the onions.