So do you remember this Apple Spice Sour Cream Bundt Cake (click the link or the picture for that recipe)?
And this rockin’ giveaway?
I have some good news and some bad news. The bad news is that the entries from our MightyNest giveaway last week weren’t properly recorded. But the good news is that you still have a chance to sign up for the MightyNest newsletter, which helps support education, as well as win this Deluxe Baking Kit worth $250, plus a $250 donation to the school of your choice.
To enter, click the button below, which will give you multiple ways to enter. If you already entered on the earlier post, you need to enter again here; you can still use the same email address that you used to enter before (and you can easily manage your subscription settings), but you do need to use this form to enter (please don’t enter by leaving a comment–the entry won’t count).
Included in the Deluxe Baking Box:
- Simax Glass Bundt Pan: I wasn’t prepared to love this pan the way I did. I’ve had a few other glass bundt pans in my days and they’re usually very heavy and kind of more decorative than they are practical. But this one is super thin, lightweight, and almost flexible (it’s made of borosilicate glass), is free of any of the toxins of non-stick pans, and it can handle oven temperatures of 572 degrees F (I’m pretty sure my oven doesn’t even go that high.) I kind of love it an embarrassing amount.
- Wooden Cakebox : Transporting frosted cupcakes is kind of the bane of my existence, so I can’t wait to try this out next time I need to bring them somewhere. It has two slide-out trays where you can pop the cupcakes into the holes to safely transport them to wherever you’re going (or pull them out and you can pop a layer cake inside. GENIUS. Plus it’s handmade in Chicago with raw pine and is completely adorable (My husband would replace the word “adorable” with “awesome.” He loves it.)
- Leather cakebox strap: The leather straps are handmade in Nebraska.
- Organic Hand-Made Tea Towel: I’m such a sucker for cute tea towels and I love that these organic towels are handmade by a couple in Oregon.
- Glass measuring cups: For all the things I do have (hello, like, 8 glass carafes and an unmentionable number of Italian soda syrups), this was an area where I was seriously lacking. I had a 2-cup and an 8-cup measuring cup, but I didn’t have the much-more-useful 1- and 4-cup sizes.
- Stainless measuring spoons
- Chemex coffeemaker and Chemex filters: I don’t drink coffee, so I can’t attest to this, but it looks cool and it has rave reviews. And if CrioBru (and stuff like it) is your thing, I totally bet you could brew it in this, too. Turns out this coffeemaker resides in the permanent collection at MoMA and was designed by a chemist decades ago. Coffee purists love it for brewing coffee without bitterness.
- Set of 4 glass mugs
- Set of 3 Stainless mixing bowls: I’m kind of embarrassed about my lack of metal mixing bowls. I’m not sure what happened there. I’ve got melamine, I’ve got glass, but I don’t have a nice set of metal mixing bowls. Well, I didn’t. Now I do. And I love them. They’re sturdy and just the right sizes, made with 18/8 stainless steel that won’t rust. Plus, they have a non-slip silicone base underneath them, so they can handle all the heavy whipping cream you can whip without going anywhere. I’m kind of mad at myself for not having any like this sooner.
We’re so thrilled to be working with MightyNest on this giveaway. They’re an online retailer whose positive mission is to provide natural, organic, and non-toxic products that so many of us want for our homes and families while giving back to schools. So you’re getting awesome stuff with shipping that rocks while supporting your school–they’ll give 15% back of every purchase back to the school of your choice. Such a great way to live a healthier lifestyle and support your local school!
Everything MightyNest sells is selected with the highest standards for safety and quality–glass and stainless steel baking gear, food storage, and water bottles. Earth-friendly cleaning supplies and natural bath products and home essentials. And you know that by shopping there, everything you buy is free of toxins like BPA, PVC, phtalates, lead, formaldehyde, flame retardants, and others.
I’m so sorry about the inconvenience of having to enter again, but please do–just use the tool above. Check back tomorrow because we’ve got an amazing slow cooker dinner that will knock your socks off into next week!
This giveaway was sponsored by MightyNest, but all opinions are completely our own.