Fresh peaches dipped in funnel cake batter, deep fried, rolled in cinnamon sugar and served with whipped cream or ice cream. Need we say more?
- Fresh ripe peaches, peeled, pitted and sliced
- a bowl of cinnamon-sugar (eyeball it!)
- ice cream or whipped cream for serving
- flour for dusting
- vegetable or peanut oil for frying
Funnel Cake Batter
- 3/4 cups milk
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Heat 3-4 inches of oil to 375 degrees in a heavy pot or deep fryer.
- Mix all funnel cake batter ingredients together until smooth.
- Dust peach slices in flour and dip in funnel cake batter. Immediately place in oil and cook until golden brown.
- Place directly in cinnamon-sugar and then top with ice cream or whipped cream.