- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 16 ounces baby portobello mushrooms, cleaned
- 6 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup freshly shredded parmesan cheese, + more for sprinkling before baking
- 2–3 cloves garlic
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh chives + more for garnish
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- a few cracks of freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped marinated artichoke hearts
- 4 slices cooked bacon, chopped
- 1/4 cup panko bread crumbs (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Drizzle the olive oil over the aluminum foil and set aside.
- Gently twist the stems off the mushrooms. Save for another use (omelets, pasta sauce, etc.) or discard.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the cream cheese, mayonnaise, and 1/2 cup parmesan cheese. Add garlic, chives, salt, and pepper and mix until combined. Add chopped artichoke hearts and bacon and stir until combined.
- Toss the mushrooms in the oil on the prepared baking sheet. Set them on the baking sheet, stem side up, and scoop the cream cheese mixture into each mushroom cap. If desired, sprinkle all the mushroom caps with panko bread crumbs and then add some freshly grated parmesan cheese and bake for 18-20 minutes or until the caps are heated through and the cheese is melty. Remove from oven and top with remaining minced chives and serve immediately.
- Serving Size: 6