A super moist, almost cobbler-like cake with sugar-crusted edges and chunks of fresh apples. Out of this world!
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups white sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 cups peeled, diced apples (I suggest Granny Smith’s)
- optional but recommended: vanilla ice cream or whipped cream for serving.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9×13 pan with non-stick spray.
- In a mixing bowl, beat oil and eggs with an electric mixer. Add sugar and vanilla and beat well. Combine flour, salt, baking soda, and ground cinnamon together in a bowl. Slowly add flour mixture to egg mixture and mix until combined. Teh batter will be thick. Mix in apples until just combined.
- Spread batter in prepared pan and bake for about 45 minutes or until top looks set but toothpick comes out with moist crumbs attached. Don’t overbake! This is best even slightly underbaked.
- Let rest on a cooling rack and serve slightly warm with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.