Warm spiced apples are topped with a buttery, graham cracker topping and baked to perfection. The quintessential fall dessert!
For the Topping :
- 2 full sleeves Graham Crackers, 2.5-2.75 cups crumbs
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup (2 sticks) cold butter, diced or grated
For the Apples:
- 8–10 apples, I use half green and half red
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- Vanilla Ice Cream
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
For the topping: Combine graham cracker crumbs, brown sugar, flour, salt, and baking powder in a bowl and whisk together. Either cut butter into chunks or use a large-hole cheese grater to grate it into the dry mixture. Use hands or pastry cutter to combine until crumbly. Set aside.
For apples, core, peel, and slice or dice apples. Toss them with flour, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves, and spread out in a 9×13 baking dish. Sprinkle topping evenly on top.
Bake for about 35 minutes, until apples are tender and crumbly is golden brown. Cool down a little and then serve warm over vanilla ice cream.
If using all tart, green apples, increase brown sugar in filling by 4 tablespoons.