A fresh take on traditional salsa- different flavors, but just as fresh and flavorful! Perfect for dipping pita chips, or spooning over chicken, beef, or fish.
- 4–5 medium tomatoes
- 1 medium cucumber
- 1 small, or 1/2 large red onion, chopped (about a cup)
- optional: handful chopped olives
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon dry oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- optional: red pepper flakes, to taste
- 2–3 tablespoons fresh flat-leaf (or “Italian” parsley)
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese.
- Pita chips, for serving
- Chop tomatoes, gently discarding some of the inner pulp. Your cucumber can be peeled or unpeeled- cut in half length-wise and use a spoon to scrape out seeds. Chop into bite-sized pieces.
- Combine chopped tomato, cucumber, and onion in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together all dressing ingredients (or really, just add them directly to the salsa- why dirty another dish!). Toss everything together and add in parsley. Mix and then taste, and add additional kosher salt to taste. For best flavor, let sit in the fridge for 30-60 minutes before serving.
- Add feta right before serving (or you can simply sprinkle on the top) and serve with pita chips.