Fresh mozzarella and tomatoes are layered on pesto-grilled zucchini for a fresh summer spin on traditional Caprese salad!
- 1 medium-large zucchini
- 2–3 plum tomatoes
- Fresh mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup pesto
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Balsamic vinegar
- Fresh basil
- Preheat indoor grill pan or outdoor grill.
- Slice zucchini at an angle into 1/4-inch slices. Brush or toss lightly in olive oil and sprinkle both sides lightly with salt and pepper. Lay zucchini in a single layer on grill and cook for a few minutes on each side until grill marks appear and zucchini is slightly tender.
- Remove from grill and place on serving plate. Spread a light layer of pesto on each slice. Layer cheese on top, followed by tomatoes.
- Sprinkle with kosher salt and black pepper. Drizzle with olive oil and vinegar and then sprinkle basil on top as desired.
- Serve warm, room temp, or chilled.
- Measurements are obviously approximate. Just eyeball it- you get the drill!