These skewers will be a surefire hit, whether it’s for a weeknight family dinner or if you’re serving them to guests!
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into small, bite-sized pieces
- 1 each yellow and green zucchini squash, cut in half (if large) and sliced
- 8 oz. small whole mushrooms, sliced in half
- 2–3 cups mini sweet peppers
- 1 small red onion, carefully cut into bite-sized chunks (try to keep as much of the pieces in tact as possible, but don’t stress it if they start to fall apart)
- 1 recipe Homemade Italian Dressing (see link; this can be made up to several days in advance)
- Place the veggies in a large Ziploc bag and drizzle about 3/4 of the dressing over the veggies. Seal and place in the refrigerator.
- Place the chicken breast pieces into a large Ziploc bag and add the remaining dressing. Seal and place in the refrigerator. About 30 minutes before serving, remove both bags and skewer the chicken and vegetables onto the skewers (if using bamboo skewers, be sure to soak them in water for at least 30 minutes before skewering the food.) I usually try to get about 3 pieces of chicken plus as many vegetables as I can onto each skewer.
- When ready to cook, preheat the grill to about 425 degrees F. Lightly grease the grill grates, then add the skewers. Cook for 4-5 minutes on one side, flip, and cook for another 4-5 minutes. Remove from grill and serve immediately.
- Serving Size: 4