A fresh summer salad full of hearty protein and veggies and tons of flavor!
- 2 chicken breasts
- olive oil (preferrably Lime Olive Oil)
- kosher salt
- black pepper
- chili powder
- 2 ears corn
- 8–10 mini sweet bell peppers
- 1 small-medium red onion
- 1 head romaine lettuce, washed and torn into pieces
- 2/3 cup canned black beans, washed and drained
- 1 tomato, chopped
- lime wedges
- chopped cilantro
- *see notes for dressing options
- Preheat outdoor grill or indoor grill pan. Drizzle chicken with olive oil and sprinkle with salt, pepper, chilli powder, and cumin (eyeball it). Place on grill and cook for about 6 minutes per side, or until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees.
- Line a large baking sheet with foil and set corn, bell peppers, and onions on it. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place veggies on grill and turn occasionally until tender.
- While everything is cooking fill to large bowls/plates with lettuce. Remove everything from grill and slice chicken. Arrange veggies on top of lettuce with chicken and add black beans and tomato. Serve with desired dressing and garnish with lime wedges and chopped cilantro.
- Makes 2 giant salads
- Here are some of my favorite dressing options depending on your mood!
- (I’m having a glitch with my links here, just refer to the blog post for the links)
- Fresh squeezed lime juice + olive oil + salt and pepper
- Cilantro-Lime Ranch
- Cilantro-Lime Vinaigrette
- Fresh Avocado Dressing
- Store-bought Bolthouse Farms Cilantro-Avocado or Chili Verde Dressing
- Serving Size: 2