Caramelized doughnuts on the grill are stuffed with fresh berries and cream for the ultimate summer dessert!
- 1 1/2 cups sliced strawberries
- 1 1/2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 glazed doughnuts (like Krispy Kreme Original Glazed)
- sweetened whipped cream
- powdered sugar
- Place berries and granulated sugar in a bowl and stir to combine. Set aside.
- Heat grill or grill pan to medium heat. Slice doughnuts horizontally (like across the equator.) Grill doughnuts glazed-side down until heated through and golden brown. Remove from grill and let sit for 1-2 minutes for caramelized sugar to set. Place bottom half of doughnut on plate and top with berries. Add a dollop of whipped cream and top with remaining doughnut half. Sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve immediately.
- Serving Size: 2