Need some of the tropics in your menu this week? These Hawaiian Style BBQ Ribs with Grilled Pineapple make a great meal. Bust out the hula skirt!
- up to 2lbs flanken cut ribs
- 2 6oz cans pineapple juice (1 1/2 cups)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 4–5 garlic cloves, minced or pressed
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 whole pineapple, peeled and sliced into 1/2 inch slices
- Place ribs in a ziplock bag and set aside. Combine pineapple juice, brown sugar, sesame oil, soy sauce, vinegar, ginger, garlic, and green onions in a bowl and whisk to combine. Pour mixture over ribs in bag and marinate over night in the fridge. Turn bag occasionally to evenly distribute marinade.
- Preheat BBQ grill. Lightly brush pineapple slices with olive or vegetable oil (or a spray works great). Give each slice a very light sprinkle of kosher salt. Place both ribs and pineapple on grill and cook until charred on both sides and evenly done. Steak time will depend on thickness of cut. Extra thin ribs cook for only a couple of minutes per side and thicker cuts (up to 1/2 inch) may take 5-6 minutes per side.