A quick and easy recipe for homemade pumpkin butter. Tastes amazing on toast, waffles, pancakes, crepes, french toast, or swirled into cheesecake, ice cream, or brownies!
- 14 oz can pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup brown sugar (I prefer dark)
- 3–4 tablespoons maple syrup (I suggest 100% pure)
- 1/4 cup apple cider
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- pinch salt
- Whisk all ingredients together in a pot on the stove top, bring to a low simmer. Simmer until thick, about 20-25 minutes, stirring often. Adjust spices and sweeteners as desired. If it gets too thick, just add a little more apple cider. Let cool completely and store in fridge.
- Recipe is easily doubled using the large can of pumpkin puree.