This hot corn dip is addictively delicious. It’s perfect to make with fresh corn on the cob, but you could also use fresh frozen corn in a pinch. It’s full of flavor with roasted red peppers, green onions and jalapeños, and super creamy – loaded with cheese! It’s a perfect appetizer or party food paired with chips for scooping.
Ingredient and Equipment Notes
You really only need a few things here, and this recipe is pretty flexible if you’d like to experiment with any flavor additions like spices or seasonings, or more heat!
- Corn – corn cut off the cob is preferable here, but that’s obviously not always available. When it’s not, I use frozen fresh corn. Personally, I dislike canned corn so I would avoid that.
- Onion – You can use yellow, white, or red onion along with green onions.
- Roasted Red Peppers – I love roasted red peppers, which you can find in jars in the vegetable aisle, or near the pickled foods (though they are not pickled!) If you want, you could also dice a fresh red pepper and saute it with the corn to soften.
- Jalapeno – jalapeno is more for flavor than for spice. I don’t feel like they add any heat at all, but if you prefer to omit them, you can!
- Cheese – feel free to mix and match cheeses here. Sharp cheddar, monterey jack, pepperjack, all work great.
How to Make Hot Corn Dip
- Saute corn and vegetables and then mix them together with mayo, seasonings, and cheese.
- Bake the corn dip until hot and bubbly
- Serve with chips!
This hot corn dip is delicious with tortilla chips, but my family’s personal favorite is to eat this with Frito Scoops!
Need more hot dips?
Here’s a few of my favorites!Print
This hot and cheesy corn dip is flavorful and delicious. Perfect for scooping up with chips!
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 1/2 cups corn kernels (from about 4 ears fresh corn, or frozen fresh corn)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup finely chopped yellow onions
- 1/2 cup chopped roasted red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions (both green and white parts)
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and minced
- 2 teaspoons finely minced garlic
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise (more if needed)
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 ounces monterey jack cheese
- 4 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- Tortilla chips or Fritos, for dipping
Keywords: hot corn dip