I know, this is probably what you’re expecting to see in January, but fall is actually a great time to be thinking about fitness–kids are back into school, you’re into a routine, and there’s no better way to get a head start on holiday temptations than getting into good habits now.
We’ve posted about our DietBet, which is starting in a couple of weeks and is such a fun way to get motivated, but I wanted to share a few other fit favorites I have this fall!
- Nike Lunar Glides. When I started working out more intensely, and more specifically when I started lifting weights, my feet were aching all the time, especially while I was actually training. I asked my trainer for shoe recommendations and he said the shoes I was wearing were good cross trainers (so better for random gym activities), but if I needed more foot support for weight lifting and high impact activities like HIIT tends to be, these were a good pick. They have crazy foot and arch support (I mean, look at at that puffy sole) and are incredibly comfortable. These would also be great if you have a job like a medical professional where you’re on your feet all day like.
- Contigo Water Bottle. I’ve often waxed poetic about Contigo water bottles, but that’s because they’re amazing. This bottle autoseals (so you push the little button and then it closes automatically when you’re done), is tall and skinny to fit in all sorts of places, has a flip-over lid that covers where you drink from so if you’re somewhere gross, it’s not touching the mouth part, and has a clip feature you can use to clip the bottle onto a bag (or whatever.) It’s 24 ounces (my favorite size) and is easy to clean. We’ll be announcing our engagement any day.
- Progenex Belgian Chocolate. Last fall, we got an Instagram message from a girl saying she had a protein powder that would change our lives. I assumed it was some kind of multi-level marketing gig and was hesitant to respond, but it’s not…it’s just her husband’s company. And it’s amazing. She was right. Guys, I’ve tried a lot of protein powder and I’ve pretty much gagged them all down for a few days until they sit on top of my fridge for the next year. This actually tastes good. Even with just water.
- Sarah Sports Bra. I kept seeing an ad for the Sarah sports bra from Senita Athletics pop up on my Facebook and Instagram, so I finally took the plunge and bought one and loved it so much that I went back and bought another one (I have Bahamas and California Poppy.) It is so cute and it’s actually supportive without being too tight. Plus, it has a pocket in the back big enough for my iPhone 6 Plus with a case on. I’ve loved their products so much that we’ve teamed up with them to get you guys a discount code–if you use OURBESTBITES, you’ll get 10% off your order, plus we have a giveaway going on right now!
- Adidas No-Show Socks. These cute little socks give you enough coverage to protect your foot from rubbing in your show, but don’t show a whole lot more than that. They’re thin and comfortable and not at all bulky.
Hope that gives you some ideas that will get you excited about healthy habits this fall!