A tangy, fresh, and tasty drink – perfect for those dog days of summer.
- 2 cups fresh strawberries
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice (about 2 juicy limes)*
- 1/4 cup simple syrup**
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1 1/2 cups crushed ice
- *You can substitute lemons if you want to.
- **To make simple syrup, combine 1 cup water and 1 cup white sugar in a small saucepan and bring to a boil. When the sugar is completely dissolved and the mixture is clear, allow to cool. Keep in a bottle with a lid and use as needed.
- Place ingredients in the jar of a blender, ending with the ice. Blend until smooth and serve with lime wedges.