I mean, how could I not love the idea of a mojito–it involves three of my favorite things: fancy drinks, lime, and mint. This Virgin Mojito is delish, refreshing, and inexpensive to put together.
- 8–10 large mint leaves
- 1/2 c. sugar (you can add more if necessary, especially if kids are involved)
- 3/4 c. fresh lime juice (about 7 small, juicy limes)
- 1 24-oz. bottle of sparkling water (like Perrier)
- Finely chop the mint leaves. Place the chopped mint leaves in a bowl or non-reactive pitcher and press them with a pestle or the back of a spoon to release the oils. Add the sugar and press the mint leaves and sugar together with the back of a spoon. Add the lime juice and stir until the sugar is completely dissolved and no longer grainy.
- If you haven’t been mixing the mint and sugar in a pitcher, transfer to a glass or plastic pitcher. Right before serving, add the sparkling water and serve immediately over ice. Garnish with lime slices and mint leaves.