This fun “Mad Scientist Potion” is perfect for a spooky party!
- Large glass jars or beverage containers
- Brightly colored drink of your choice
- Dry Ice (1 pound per gallon of potion)
- Heavy-duty gloves and/or an oven mitt and tongs
- Prepare drinks if necessary in the beverage jars. Otherwise, pour the drinks into the jars.
- Carefully break up the dry ice with a mallet or a hammer. Add one piece (about 4-6 inches somewhere on the piece) per gallon at a time to the drink containers and replenish the dry ice as necessary. Serve immediately, ladling the juice into cups and leaving the dry ice in the large containers. If you want to be extra safe, just place the containers of juice inside another container where the dry ice is, so you don’t run the risk of ladling any dry ice into a cup.
- Note: The 1 pound per gallon rule will give you about an hour’s worth of potion. If you need 2 hours, you’ll need 2 pounds per gallon, and on and on.