A sweet and savory salsa perfect for dipping your favorite chips or pouring over chicken in the crock pot!
- 1 1/2 lb ripe tomatoes, cored and chopped (4 cups)
- 3 cups chopped pineapple
- 2 medium mangoes, peeled and chopped (2 cups)
- 1 large sweet onion, finely chopped (1 cup)
- 1 red sweet pepper, finely chopped (1 cup)
- 2 jalapenos, finely chopped (1/4 cup)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup bottled lime juice
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- snipped fresh cilantro (optional)
- In a 4 to 6-quart nonreactive heavy pot combine tomatoes, pineapple, mangoes. onion, sweet pepper, jalapeno peppers, sugar, lime juice, vinegar, giner, garlic, and slat. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat.
- Ladle hot salsa into hot sterilized pint canning jars, leaving a 1/2-inch headspace. Wipe jar rims; adjust lids and screw bands.
- Process filled jars in a boiling water canner for 20 minutes (start timing when water returns to boiling). Remove jars from canner; cool on wire racks. If desired, stir snipped fresh cilantro into salsa before serving.
- Nutritional info per 2 tablespoons: 17 cal, 0g fat, 4 g carb, 0g protein