If you’re here looking for our cute Candy Turkey Craft, Just look down the right hand side of the page and you’ll see the photo. Click on it for the tutorial!
We haven’t done a Friday Favorites, or a Goodie Box post in quite a while, so let me explain what it is! First and foremost, we want to make it very clear that these posts are NOT sponsored, ever. There is no advertising or promotion going on here- in these posts we simply highlight things we’re loving at the moment. Things we buy and use ourselves, things we’re always talking about on Instagram, things we want to tell our friends (you!) about. And sometimes we go out and buy all of the stuff we’re talking about (we buy it ourselves, this isn’t free stuff that’s sent to us) and we put it in a hand-packed care package (because how fun is that?!) and we mail it to one of YOU! Now, this isn’t one of those Blogger-Favorite-Things posts where we give away ipads and designer purses. It’s the little random stuff from around town that you can actually go out and buy yourself after you read about it. Stuff you can look for at Target and the mall. Because we like to keep it real around here. So let’s get on with it- eh? Here’s some of my favorite things!
1. Bath & Body Works 3 wick Candles: Kate and I have a small
hoarding problem obsession when it comes to scented candles, but not all candles are created equal. We love Bath and Body Works, not only for the endless variety of fun scents and the fact that their shipping boxes are lined in blue gingham, but for the fact that when those babies are a burnin’ the smell really does fill up your entire house. I have a lot of favorite scents, but one of my favorites these days is Tis the Season. It’s a little fruity, a little spicy, maybe a tiny hint of evergreen in there…basically it just smells like Christmas. I’m sending a mason jar size in this scent!
2. Angie’s Kettle Cooked
Crack Popcorn: People who follow me on Instagram sometimes get the impression that I work for Angie’s Popcorn. I do not. I wish I did because I’m guessing the job comes with perks like lots of free popcorn, and then I would have half of my 2013 income back (you know, the half I spent on popcorn this year). If you haven’t tried out Angie’s products, stop waiting. I actually waited, because I figured what the heck- it’s popcorn. Don’t people know you can make this stuff at home? (And we make really good popcorn.) But then I tried some. And I was addicted at first bite. Angie’s is kettle cooked, comes in amazing flavors, and most of them are just ever so slightly coated in sweet, sugary, deliciousness. Just enough to make you feel like you’re eating something naughty, but not enough to ruin your diet. They’re all fairly low calorie and come in amazing flavors. It’s seriously a dieters dream. Two of my favorite holiday specials (BOTH going in this box) are Dark Chocolate with Sea Salt, and Iced Gingerbread. The peppermint is great too, but I make enough of my own Peppermint Bark Popcorn!
3. Jif Whips Peanut butter with Chocolate Mint: I instagramed a photo of this a while back because I thought it was so, SO weird. Like, whoever even thought of this idea? Were they on drugs at the time? How did it pass focus groups? Of course I had to buy it simply because of intrigue. I like peanut butter, I like chocolate, I like mint. I like peanut butter chocolate, I like mint chocolate. But peanut butter chocolate mint?? That’s crazy talk. What a bizarre combo. I opened it expecting to be repulsed and something else happened. I ate a spoonful, and then another spoonful, and then before long I was thinking of anything and everything I could think of that I could dip in there. Graham crackers, cookies, more spoons. I’d say it’s more of a chocolate mint spread, with a hint of nuttiness. I don’t really know how to explain it, but I like it. And I want someone else to try it out too, so it’s going in the box!
4. Candy Cane Bliss Handsoap: Of all of the amazing yummy smells at Bath and Body Works, Twisted Peppermint takes the cake. This candy cane bliss spells pretty much exactly like it, only the container is cuter (if you ask me). Peppermint soap that is refreshing and yummy, and makes you want to eat candy. Enjoy it.
5. World’s Softest Socks: Do you all have a pair of these?? At Costco you can buy a 3 pack for 10 bucks and they’re literally called “World’s Softest.” Like the brand claims, it’s like walking on clouds. In the winter, when I’m hanging around the house I wear them every day, and my husband stares at my feet every time I pull them up over my skinny jeans. I don’t care; they’re the coziest socks everrrr. Also, they’re super good for sliding contests, if you happen to have family sliding contests down your hard wood hallway. Just my family? Okay then. I actually forgot to get these (along with half of my grocery list) at Costco today because I was completely sidetracked and overstimulated by the onslaught of holiday sample stations. But I did grab Target’s version, which if you ask me, are plenty cozy themselves.
6. Market Pantry Pumpkin Cheesecake Cookies: Soooooooo Goooooooood. These are amazing. Pumpkin Spice Cookie. Cheesecake Filling. Find them at Target. Only during the fall months. I dare you not to finish off that entire box in one sitting. That is all.
7. Holiday Mint M&M’s: My favorite specialty variety of M&M’s. My first bag of the season is as exciting as the first snow. I could easily down an entire bag of these single-handedly. There’s a white-chocolate candycane version too, but don’t be fooled. These are the best.
8. Pacific Foods Roasted Red Pepper and Tomato Soup: I know. Kind of random that there’s a box of soup in here. But I’m sitting here writing out this post while sipping it out of my favorite mug, like I do at least once a day, every single day. So I thought, dang. I’m tossing a box of soup in. People need to be eating this stuff. If you haven’t been buying a case of this soup on every trip to Costco, you’re missing out. It’s super rich and creamy, but also super low calorie. And it’s a work horse in the kitchen. I love it plain, but it’s awesome as a base for any other soup, or smothered over enchiladas, or loaded with sour cream and bacon. It has a great, great flavor that I can’t get enough of. There’s an open carton in my fridge just all the time. You should be able to find it in most grocery stores, or like I said, you can buy a case at Costco for a killer price.
9. Baby Lips Dr. Rescue: All of my friends are obsessed with the Baby Lips line from Maybelline. They come in sheer colors, and make your lips super soft. It now comes in medicated, giving soft pretty color with a soothing peppermint scent and tingly feel. Love it. I’m tossing in one in the coral crush color!
10. Jo’s Candies Peppermint Crunch: There was a little specialty market near my childhood home that we stopped at on almost a daily basis for last-minute things like milk and bread. They have an amazing deli and bakery, and always stock their checkout lanes with unique little finds. One thing that was constant was packs of Jo’s Candies. These dark chocolate covered lemon crunch things are amaaaazing, and we’d anxiously await every Christmas when they’d stock Jo’s Peppermint Crunch. Squares of pure holiday heaven. The centers aren’t crunchy, but they’re not soft; it’s somewhere in between and they’re awesome. My Mom would often get the little pack of 2 and quietly sneak one to me and eat the other one herself. I haven’t seen these in years, and last night when I was checking out at World Market, I heard a chorus of angels and SAW THEM. I totally yelped out loud. And then I came home with a bag full of Jo’s. I’m parting with a tiny little 2 pack because I love you. But I’m hoarding the rest.
My package is all packed up and ready to go. I just need a name and address on it! If you want me to send this YOUR way, just leave one comment in the comment field below, and tell me one of your current winter time faves. Winner will be chosen in about a week and will have 48 hours to respond to my email or a new winner will be chosen. Go!
This isn’t really a winter item, but it’s an item I particularly love in the winter. The Burt’s Bees lip balm. Now that it has gotten dry out I find myself slathering the stuff on seventeen times a day. Feels so good on my lips. I’m also a sucker for a heated blanket. I live under mine as often as I can!
Hi! A few of my favorite things are Hot chocolate, Pumpkin Cappuccino, Pumpkin pie, and from Trader Joe’s Pumpkin Ravioli’s I have like 5 packs in my fridge, they are so good and the little girl I watch loves them too. It’s really sweet of you to do this!!
This looks awesome!! One of my current favorites is peppermint kisses…I
M loving all things peppermint.
Loving the exact same Bath and Body candle! Just bought 3 for gifts!!
One of my favorite Christmas things are the scent sticks I found at target that you can hang in your artificial Christmas tree! The smell of a real Christmas tree is something I really miss after we switched to an artificial and these little scent sticks make up for it!!
I LOVE mint M&Ms!!! And I can’t buy just one bag, because I want a whole bag to myself and if I bring it home, then everyone wants some!
I’m definitely looking forward to the popcorn! And the lip gloss! And the socks! And everything!
I also love the Bath and Body Works 3-wick candles. My favorite is the Chocolate Mint. I just swoon when they are on sale! LOVE!
The mint M&M’s sprinkled on top of mint brownies with buttercream frosting YUM!
To me this is better than Oprah’s favorites!!because I can actually go buy all of these at my local store! Awesome! Okay, my winter obsession right now is Oregon Chai, Caffine Free, Chai Tea Latte. It is made with Roobios tea instead of black tea. One sip and you will dream about it. It comes in a container just like the Red Pepper and Tomato soup (which I also always have in my fridge) so don’t mix them up!
I love peppermint ice cream! On top of a brownie, yum!
Right now I’m loving making hot cocoa (Stevens Peanut Butter) made in my Cocomotion!
Sweet potatoes are definitely my current winter time fave–not to say one of my favorite vegetables in the WORLD.
All of these things sound divine. Especially all the things involving mint and/or chocolate. Please pretty please pick me!
I am so in love with this season’s special foods. Diet nightmare, but so yummy.
anything chocolate mint is awesome!! 🙂 Haven’t seen some of these products but they all look good, especially the socks!
These all look amazing! I’ll be thinking about these all day…all of them… 🙂
I think my favorites are all the lovely scented candles. I’m addicted like you! Ü
My favorite winter treat are the cuties oranges. I am not a winter person. …I hate being cold….but these little oranges give me a dose of vitamin c and I can imagine myself on a tropical island for a bit. Love them.
As every teacher knows the holidays are extra busy in the classrooms! I’m from a very small town and won’t get out of town until the weekend before Christmas! The goodies that you listed sound amazing – I’ve never won anything before but it’s not going to keep me from trying:)
I am a big fan of anything Candy Cane. My favorite this time of year would be Candy Cane Jo Jo’s from Trader Joes!
I have loved the B&BW candles for years. Have sworn by them. Last month I bought one and found the quality had diminished. The wicks burned out and drowned, a problem I hate. However I have found a better, cheaper source. The three wick candles at Kroger/King Sooper are only $3.99 (2.99 this week). They burn clean and smoothly, with 4 nice scents. Not as pretty a container but I want a good burn for myself. I’ll give the B&BW for gifts.
Current fav…dove chocolates peppermint bark!
I’m a fan of Stephen’s Hot Cocoa.
I love to curl up on a cold day with a blanket and a good book!
MMMM that soup!!! I dig on any and all soups as soon as winter comes rolling in!!
cinnamon bear popcorn!
How exciting!! I love receiving packages!! My favorite winter thing right now is my new coat! I did some birthday shopping (I’ve found if I just shop for myself my husband always seems to get me exactly what I want;) ) The coat is from rue21 and it is white and SUPER SOFT!! It looks like a wool coat, but isn’t itchy! And I got a TON of compliments on it today at church- winner!!!
What a fun list of favorites! One of my favorites is butterfinger bells. yummy:)
Stephen’s Hot Coco. So many yummy flavors. I realy like the chocolate raspberry.