If you’re here looking for our cute Candy Turkey Craft, Just look down the right hand side of the page and you’ll see the photo. Click on it for the tutorial!
We haven’t done a Friday Favorites, or a Goodie Box post in quite a while, so let me explain what it is! First and foremost, we want to make it very clear that these posts are NOT sponsored, ever. There is no advertising or promotion going on here- in these posts we simply highlight things we’re loving at the moment. Things we buy and use ourselves, things we’re always talking about on Instagram, things we want to tell our friends (you!) about. And sometimes we go out and buy all of the stuff we’re talking about (we buy it ourselves, this isn’t free stuff that’s sent to us) and we put it in a hand-packed care package (because how fun is that?!) and we mail it to one of YOU! Now, this isn’t one of those Blogger-Favorite-Things posts where we give away ipads and designer purses. It’s the little random stuff from around town that you can actually go out and buy yourself after you read about it. Stuff you can look for at Target and the mall. Because we like to keep it real around here. So let’s get on with it- eh? Here’s some of my favorite things!
1. Bath & Body Works 3 wick Candles: Kate and I have a small
hoarding problem obsession when it comes to scented candles, but not all candles are created equal. We love Bath and Body Works, not only for the endless variety of fun scents and the fact that their shipping boxes are lined in blue gingham, but for the fact that when those babies are a burnin’ the smell really does fill up your entire house. I have a lot of favorite scents, but one of my favorites these days is Tis the Season. It’s a little fruity, a little spicy, maybe a tiny hint of evergreen in there…basically it just smells like Christmas. I’m sending a mason jar size in this scent!
2. Angie’s Kettle Cooked
Crack Popcorn: People who follow me on Instagram sometimes get the impression that I work for Angie’s Popcorn. I do not. I wish I did because I’m guessing the job comes with perks like lots of free popcorn, and then I would have half of my 2013 income back (you know, the half I spent on popcorn this year). If you haven’t tried out Angie’s products, stop waiting. I actually waited, because I figured what the heck- it’s popcorn. Don’t people know you can make this stuff at home? (And we make really good popcorn.) But then I tried some. And I was addicted at first bite. Angie’s is kettle cooked, comes in amazing flavors, and most of them are just ever so slightly coated in sweet, sugary, deliciousness. Just enough to make you feel like you’re eating something naughty, but not enough to ruin your diet. They’re all fairly low calorie and come in amazing flavors. It’s seriously a dieters dream. Two of my favorite holiday specials (BOTH going in this box) are Dark Chocolate with Sea Salt, and Iced Gingerbread. The peppermint is great too, but I make enough of my own Peppermint Bark Popcorn!
3. Jif Whips Peanut butter with Chocolate Mint: I instagramed a photo of this a while back because I thought it was so, SO weird. Like, whoever even thought of this idea? Were they on drugs at the time? How did it pass focus groups? Of course I had to buy it simply because of intrigue. I like peanut butter, I like chocolate, I like mint. I like peanut butter chocolate, I like mint chocolate. But peanut butter chocolate mint?? That’s crazy talk. What a bizarre combo. I opened it expecting to be repulsed and something else happened. I ate a spoonful, and then another spoonful, and then before long I was thinking of anything and everything I could think of that I could dip in there. Graham crackers, cookies, more spoons. I’d say it’s more of a chocolate mint spread, with a hint of nuttiness. I don’t really know how to explain it, but I like it. And I want someone else to try it out too, so it’s going in the box!
4. Candy Cane Bliss Handsoap: Of all of the amazing yummy smells at Bath and Body Works, Twisted Peppermint takes the cake. This candy cane bliss spells pretty much exactly like it, only the container is cuter (if you ask me). Peppermint soap that is refreshing and yummy, and makes you want to eat candy. Enjoy it.
5. World’s Softest Socks: Do you all have a pair of these?? At Costco you can buy a 3 pack for 10 bucks and they’re literally called “World’s Softest.” Like the brand claims, it’s like walking on clouds. In the winter, when I’m hanging around the house I wear them every day, and my husband stares at my feet every time I pull them up over my skinny jeans. I don’t care; they’re the coziest socks everrrr. Also, they’re super good for sliding contests, if you happen to have family sliding contests down your hard wood hallway. Just my family? Okay then. I actually forgot to get these (along with half of my grocery list) at Costco today because I was completely sidetracked and overstimulated by the onslaught of holiday sample stations. But I did grab Target’s version, which if you ask me, are plenty cozy themselves.
6. Market Pantry Pumpkin Cheesecake Cookies: Soooooooo Goooooooood. These are amazing. Pumpkin Spice Cookie. Cheesecake Filling. Find them at Target. Only during the fall months. I dare you not to finish off that entire box in one sitting. That is all.
7. Holiday Mint M&M’s: My favorite specialty variety of M&M’s. My first bag of the season is as exciting as the first snow. I could easily down an entire bag of these single-handedly. There’s a white-chocolate candycane version too, but don’t be fooled. These are the best.
8. Pacific Foods Roasted Red Pepper and Tomato Soup: I know. Kind of random that there’s a box of soup in here. But I’m sitting here writing out this post while sipping it out of my favorite mug, like I do at least once a day, every single day. So I thought, dang. I’m tossing a box of soup in. People need to be eating this stuff. If you haven’t been buying a case of this soup on every trip to Costco, you’re missing out. It’s super rich and creamy, but also super low calorie. And it’s a work horse in the kitchen. I love it plain, but it’s awesome as a base for any other soup, or smothered over enchiladas, or loaded with sour cream and bacon. It has a great, great flavor that I can’t get enough of. There’s an open carton in my fridge just all the time. You should be able to find it in most grocery stores, or like I said, you can buy a case at Costco for a killer price.
9. Baby Lips Dr. Rescue: All of my friends are obsessed with the Baby Lips line from Maybelline. They come in sheer colors, and make your lips super soft. It now comes in medicated, giving soft pretty color with a soothing peppermint scent and tingly feel. Love it. I’m tossing in one in the coral crush color!
10. Jo’s Candies Peppermint Crunch: There was a little specialty market near my childhood home that we stopped at on almost a daily basis for last-minute things like milk and bread. They have an amazing deli and bakery, and always stock their checkout lanes with unique little finds. One thing that was constant was packs of Jo’s Candies. These dark chocolate covered lemon crunch things are amaaaazing, and we’d anxiously await every Christmas when they’d stock Jo’s Peppermint Crunch. Squares of pure holiday heaven. The centers aren’t crunchy, but they’re not soft; it’s somewhere in between and they’re awesome. My Mom would often get the little pack of 2 and quietly sneak one to me and eat the other one herself. I haven’t seen these in years, and last night when I was checking out at World Market, I heard a chorus of angels and SAW THEM. I totally yelped out loud. And then I came home with a bag full of Jo’s. I’m parting with a tiny little 2 pack because I love you. But I’m hoarding the rest.
My package is all packed up and ready to go. I just need a name and address on it! If you want me to send this YOUR way, just leave one comment in the comment field below, and tell me one of your current winter time faves. Winner will be chosen in about a week and will have 48 hours to respond to my email or a new winner will be chosen. Go!
A new winter favorite for me…..Gingersnaps from Whole Foods. A little bit crunchy, a little bit soft, and super yummy!
I love sledding with the family!
Ooo.. I’m always looking for new socks! too bad we don’t have a costco close by!!!
I LOVE hot chocolate with a piece of candy cane in it!
Peppermint anything will always win in my book! Will have to try some of your other items I have been eyeing up.
Every winter I look forward to Bath & Body Works Winter Candy Apple scent! It is my favorite!
I love those cute boot socks that peak put the top of boots! Cozy and adorable. 🙂
Holiday of Lights in San Diego – you get to drive or take the hay ride while sipping on hot coco (of course!) around the Del Mar race track that is decked out with different christmas light displays ending with a tunnel of lights!
Oh they are all so nice! I need this in my life.
My winter favorites are homemade French hot chocolate, fleece blankets, and good books. 🙂
Thanks for the chance to win!
Right now I can not leave Target without buying a package or three of the Candy Cane Oreos. Thankfully they are only out at Christmas!
I LOVE chocolate almond toffee! It is one of the things I look forward to for Christmas each year! But I also love all the glorious smelling things coming out! 🙂 Love this idea!
Soup! I love any kind of soup when the weather gets cold.
I also have a slight hoarding problem when it comes to scented candles.
Probably my favorite seasonal indulgence is hot chocolate from World Market. Several flavors, and all so yummy.
I love anything with peanut butter!….or sprinkles.
I love Penzey’s mint hot chocolate. As soon as the weather turns cold my boys know I’ll be breaking it out. Thanks for sharing!
Mmmm. I live in Hawaii, where winter means breezy, cool evenings. Like 72 degrees cool. A nice cup of Koko Samoa and fresh buttered bread is a nice way to warm up and wind down!
So many fun things! I love those peppermint soaps too; they make the holidays more fun! My winter must-have is slippers! I seem to get holes in my socks and even my slippers, because I wear them out trying to keep my feet warm all season! Happy Holidays!
I love drinking cocoa and watching cheesy Christmas movies. Also I love that everything comes mint flavored.
I love all of your faves and am thinking I need to go to Costco right now.
Peppermint Tootsie Pops!
My winter favorite has always been Chapstick. Plain “ol Chapstick. When we Midwesterners lock down for winter and start to dry up like prunes in the indoor atmosphere – Chapstick is the go to for our family. It’s great on our lips, but works in a pinch for dry, sore hands or windburn on our faces. The skin above my kids upper lips always seems to get red as soon as the weather gets cold. I make them carry an original flavored Chapstick with them everywhere!
Peppermint Joe Joes at Trader Joes
I love Trader Joe’s peppermint joejoes. Basically mint oreos, but they seem better!
I love the Bath & Body Works Tis The Season Candle. My husband brought one home the other day and it smells fabulous!! Thanks for the opportunity to win the goodies!
My very favorite thing this time of year…
dark chocolate covered peppermint jo-jo’s from Trader Joes. They are decadent!!
Any flavor of hot chocolate. It gets cold in Idaho!
Would be fun to win! Current fav is hot cocoa with festive marshmallows
I’d love to win! One of my current winter favorites is hot cocoa with holiday marshmallows on top. I know it’s not fancy and not only good at wintertime, but something about sipping warm chocolately goodness with festive marshmallows while the snow and wind howl outside, especially in front of a lit Christmas tree, just really makes the season for me. 🙂