If you’re here looking for our cute Candy Turkey Craft, Just look down the right hand side of the page and you’ll see the photo. Click on it for the tutorial!
We haven’t done a Friday Favorites, or a Goodie Box post in quite a while, so let me explain what it is! First and foremost, we want to make it very clear that these posts are NOT sponsored, ever. There is no advertising or promotion going on here- in these posts we simply highlight things we’re loving at the moment. Things we buy and use ourselves, things we’re always talking about on Instagram, things we want to tell our friends (you!) about. And sometimes we go out and buy all of the stuff we’re talking about (we buy it ourselves, this isn’t free stuff that’s sent to us) and we put it in a hand-packed care package (because how fun is that?!) and we mail it to one of YOU! Now, this isn’t one of those Blogger-Favorite-Things posts where we give away ipads and designer purses. It’s the little random stuff from around town that you can actually go out and buy yourself after you read about it. Stuff you can look for at Target and the mall. Because we like to keep it real around here. So let’s get on with it- eh? Here’s some of my favorite things!
1. Bath & Body Works 3 wick Candles: Kate and I have a small
hoarding problem obsession when it comes to scented candles, but not all candles are created equal. We love Bath and Body Works, not only for the endless variety of fun scents and the fact that their shipping boxes are lined in blue gingham, but for the fact that when those babies are a burnin’ the smell really does fill up your entire house. I have a lot of favorite scents, but one of my favorites these days is Tis the Season. It’s a little fruity, a little spicy, maybe a tiny hint of evergreen in there…basically it just smells like Christmas. I’m sending a mason jar size in this scent!
2. Angie’s Kettle Cooked
Crack Popcorn: People who follow me on Instagram sometimes get the impression that I work for Angie’s Popcorn. I do not. I wish I did because I’m guessing the job comes with perks like lots of free popcorn, and then I would have half of my 2013 income back (you know, the half I spent on popcorn this year). If you haven’t tried out Angie’s products, stop waiting. I actually waited, because I figured what the heck- it’s popcorn. Don’t people know you can make this stuff at home? (And we make really good popcorn.) But then I tried some. And I was addicted at first bite. Angie’s is kettle cooked, comes in amazing flavors, and most of them are just ever so slightly coated in sweet, sugary, deliciousness. Just enough to make you feel like you’re eating something naughty, but not enough to ruin your diet. They’re all fairly low calorie and come in amazing flavors. It’s seriously a dieters dream. Two of my favorite holiday specials (BOTH going in this box) are Dark Chocolate with Sea Salt, and Iced Gingerbread. The peppermint is great too, but I make enough of my own Peppermint Bark Popcorn!
3. Jif Whips Peanut butter with Chocolate Mint: I instagramed a photo of this a while back because I thought it was so, SO weird. Like, whoever even thought of this idea? Were they on drugs at the time? How did it pass focus groups? Of course I had to buy it simply because of intrigue. I like peanut butter, I like chocolate, I like mint. I like peanut butter chocolate, I like mint chocolate. But peanut butter chocolate mint?? That’s crazy talk. What a bizarre combo. I opened it expecting to be repulsed and something else happened. I ate a spoonful, and then another spoonful, and then before long I was thinking of anything and everything I could think of that I could dip in there. Graham crackers, cookies, more spoons. I’d say it’s more of a chocolate mint spread, with a hint of nuttiness. I don’t really know how to explain it, but I like it. And I want someone else to try it out too, so it’s going in the box!
4. Candy Cane Bliss Handsoap: Of all of the amazing yummy smells at Bath and Body Works, Twisted Peppermint takes the cake. This candy cane bliss spells pretty much exactly like it, only the container is cuter (if you ask me). Peppermint soap that is refreshing and yummy, and makes you want to eat candy. Enjoy it.
5. World’s Softest Socks: Do you all have a pair of these?? At Costco you can buy a 3 pack for 10 bucks and they’re literally called “World’s Softest.” Like the brand claims, it’s like walking on clouds. In the winter, when I’m hanging around the house I wear them every day, and my husband stares at my feet every time I pull them up over my skinny jeans. I don’t care; they’re the coziest socks everrrr. Also, they’re super good for sliding contests, if you happen to have family sliding contests down your hard wood hallway. Just my family? Okay then. I actually forgot to get these (along with half of my grocery list) at Costco today because I was completely sidetracked and overstimulated by the onslaught of holiday sample stations. But I did grab Target’s version, which if you ask me, are plenty cozy themselves.
6. Market Pantry Pumpkin Cheesecake Cookies: Soooooooo Goooooooood. These are amazing. Pumpkin Spice Cookie. Cheesecake Filling. Find them at Target. Only during the fall months. I dare you not to finish off that entire box in one sitting. That is all.
7. Holiday Mint M&M’s: My favorite specialty variety of M&M’s. My first bag of the season is as exciting as the first snow. I could easily down an entire bag of these single-handedly. There’s a white-chocolate candycane version too, but don’t be fooled. These are the best.
8. Pacific Foods Roasted Red Pepper and Tomato Soup: I know. Kind of random that there’s a box of soup in here. But I’m sitting here writing out this post while sipping it out of my favorite mug, like I do at least once a day, every single day. So I thought, dang. I’m tossing a box of soup in. People need to be eating this stuff. If you haven’t been buying a case of this soup on every trip to Costco, you’re missing out. It’s super rich and creamy, but also super low calorie. And it’s a work horse in the kitchen. I love it plain, but it’s awesome as a base for any other soup, or smothered over enchiladas, or loaded with sour cream and bacon. It has a great, great flavor that I can’t get enough of. There’s an open carton in my fridge just all the time. You should be able to find it in most grocery stores, or like I said, you can buy a case at Costco for a killer price.
9. Baby Lips Dr. Rescue: All of my friends are obsessed with the Baby Lips line from Maybelline. They come in sheer colors, and make your lips super soft. It now comes in medicated, giving soft pretty color with a soothing peppermint scent and tingly feel. Love it. I’m tossing in one in the coral crush color!
10. Jo’s Candies Peppermint Crunch: There was a little specialty market near my childhood home that we stopped at on almost a daily basis for last-minute things like milk and bread. They have an amazing deli and bakery, and always stock their checkout lanes with unique little finds. One thing that was constant was packs of Jo’s Candies. These dark chocolate covered lemon crunch things are amaaaazing, and we’d anxiously await every Christmas when they’d stock Jo’s Peppermint Crunch. Squares of pure holiday heaven. The centers aren’t crunchy, but they’re not soft; it’s somewhere in between and they’re awesome. My Mom would often get the little pack of 2 and quietly sneak one to me and eat the other one herself. I haven’t seen these in years, and last night when I was checking out at World Market, I heard a chorus of angels and SAW THEM. I totally yelped out loud. And then I came home with a bag full of Jo’s. I’m parting with a tiny little 2 pack because I love you. But I’m hoarding the rest.
My package is all packed up and ready to go. I just need a name and address on it! If you want me to send this YOUR way, just leave one comment in the comment field below, and tell me one of your current winter time faves. Winner will be chosen in about a week and will have 48 hours to respond to my email or a new winner will be chosen. Go!
Thanks for so many great ideas, they all sound wonderful! I was definitely needing something to kick-start me into the Holiday spirit! I love anything that warms me up during freezing Utah winters, but my family also loves delicious and easy to peel Cuties!
I love pumpkin and mint flavored anything!
My current obsession is the packets of Starbucks hot cocoa I can buy so I can make it at home for myself!! YUMMMM
I love soup when it gets colder. My family loves Spam soup. Recipe from my mom and so delicious! The one go to meal I know all 4 kids will eat. Hubs even requests it. Don’t judge my spam habit 🙂
Oreo peppermint cookies and chick fil a peppermint milkshakes! I also love the wool socks we buy for the snow and wear them with bootie slippers! Oh and can’t forget electric blankets ESP here in Idaho where it’s already so cold
I haven’t been able to find it in a while, but I love the Stephens Hazelnut flavor Hot Chocolate. Yum!
Current winter time fav is peppermint hot chocolate. I live in FL where the high today is almost 80. Drinking hot chocolate while the ac blasts helps me feel more festive
I love those shortbread cookies that come in the blue tin. It was always such a disappointment when I would find a tin and open it only to find a bunch of buttons from my moms sewing. 🙁
Homemade ginger spice cookies and a mug of hot tea to dunk them in, while curled up on the couch under a fleecy blanket–perfect!
Anything with chocolate and mint is scrumptious any time of year – but especially during the holidays! That, and filling my home with cinnamony, gingerbready, evergreeny scents. I love the season!!!!
Thanks for sharing and for the GREAT stocking stuffer ideas!
My favorite winter item is good old fashioned candy canes….I use them to stir my hot chocolate.
Silver Bells by Scentsy is my Wintertime favorite! Also, the iced gingerbread men cookies from trader joes.
Favorite thing right now Girl Scout thin mint cookies in my freezer hidden from/for me !
Stephens Hot Cocoa is a MUST for me each winter!!! I’m pretty sure winter doesn’t exist without it!
Pick me! My favorite is Ghiradelli dark chocolate peppermint bark.
I LOVE everything Christmas. Ask family or friends, they’ll tell you I’m a little obsessed. My favorite thing this time of year is the scents in the air. The scent of snow the crisp winter breeze, the cookies baking, the fresh carved turkey with cranberry sauce and of course, the fresh cut Christmas tree perfuming the house with it’s glorious scent! While I prefer the smell of the real thing, on days when I need that boost of Christmas Spirit (like in July, when I start longing for the holiday season), I’ll plug in my Scentsy warmer and flood my house with scents from their holiday collections.
My favorite is peppermint mocha in anything lol coffee creamer ice cream candy yummy! Just makes me feel warm and cozy!
A favorite wintertime must have is my Clinique moisturizer! Makes dry winter skin soft and looking great 🙂
My favorite winter time thing right now is chocolate pumpkin bread with hot chocolate!
My favorite pick would definitely be those worlds softest socks … temps here in the heartland can drop below zero, and there is NOTHING more uncomfortable than cold feet! Thanks for the chance to win some amazing products!!
Just one of my many faves… Gene Autry “Here comes Santa Claus”
Brings me back to simpler times.
Christmas Blessings to all, and to all a good night. 😉
I’m so glad you posted about the Jif choc PB mint thing because I saw it in the store the other day and thought the same thing! Now I’m kinda tempted to try it… My favorite winter thing is ALWAYS hot chocolate. Seriously, I just can’t get enough of that stuff! It’s prob a good thing I live in Texas where it’s only cold enough about two months of the year to drink it. Thanks for sharing!
I found a new favorite and my kids LOVED it too. I popped popcorn and drizzled chocolate bark (candy coating) and quickly sprinkled crushed Starlight mints on it. Let it cool and then broke it up into small chunks. They ate two pans of it.
Peppermint ice cream has been my favorite thing of the season since I was a kid!
I love all things peppermint! The mint m&m’s definitely take the cake though!
Twisted peppermint lotion/soap from bath and body works!
We love the Trader Joe’s Dark Chocolate Star cookies – delicious. Hope you can send me that package – thanks!!
My winter time fave is baking !