If you’re here looking for our cute Candy Turkey Craft, Just look down the right hand side of the page and you’ll see the photo. Click on it for the tutorial!
We haven’t done a Friday Favorites, or a Goodie Box post in quite a while, so let me explain what it is! First and foremost, we want to make it very clear that these posts are NOT sponsored, ever. There is no advertising or promotion going on here- in these posts we simply highlight things we’re loving at the moment. Things we buy and use ourselves, things we’re always talking about on Instagram, things we want to tell our friends (you!) about. And sometimes we go out and buy all of the stuff we’re talking about (we buy it ourselves, this isn’t free stuff that’s sent to us) and we put it in a hand-packed care package (because how fun is that?!) and we mail it to one of YOU! Now, this isn’t one of those Blogger-Favorite-Things posts where we give away ipads and designer purses. It’s the little random stuff from around town that you can actually go out and buy yourself after you read about it. Stuff you can look for at Target and the mall. Because we like to keep it real around here. So let’s get on with it- eh? Here’s some of my favorite things!
1. Bath & Body Works 3 wick Candles: Kate and I have a small
hoarding problem obsession when it comes to scented candles, but not all candles are created equal. We love Bath and Body Works, not only for the endless variety of fun scents and the fact that their shipping boxes are lined in blue gingham, but for the fact that when those babies are a burnin’ the smell really does fill up your entire house. I have a lot of favorite scents, but one of my favorites these days is Tis the Season. It’s a little fruity, a little spicy, maybe a tiny hint of evergreen in there…basically it just smells like Christmas. I’m sending a mason jar size in this scent!
2. Angie’s Kettle Cooked
Crack Popcorn: People who follow me on Instagram sometimes get the impression that I work for Angie’s Popcorn. I do not. I wish I did because I’m guessing the job comes with perks like lots of free popcorn, and then I would have half of my 2013 income back (you know, the half I spent on popcorn this year). If you haven’t tried out Angie’s products, stop waiting. I actually waited, because I figured what the heck- it’s popcorn. Don’t people know you can make this stuff at home? (And we make really good popcorn.) But then I tried some. And I was addicted at first bite. Angie’s is kettle cooked, comes in amazing flavors, and most of them are just ever so slightly coated in sweet, sugary, deliciousness. Just enough to make you feel like you’re eating something naughty, but not enough to ruin your diet. They’re all fairly low calorie and come in amazing flavors. It’s seriously a dieters dream. Two of my favorite holiday specials (BOTH going in this box) are Dark Chocolate with Sea Salt, and Iced Gingerbread. The peppermint is great too, but I make enough of my own Peppermint Bark Popcorn!
3. Jif Whips Peanut butter with Chocolate Mint: I instagramed a photo of this a while back because I thought it was so, SO weird. Like, whoever even thought of this idea? Were they on drugs at the time? How did it pass focus groups? Of course I had to buy it simply because of intrigue. I like peanut butter, I like chocolate, I like mint. I like peanut butter chocolate, I like mint chocolate. But peanut butter chocolate mint?? That’s crazy talk. What a bizarre combo. I opened it expecting to be repulsed and something else happened. I ate a spoonful, and then another spoonful, and then before long I was thinking of anything and everything I could think of that I could dip in there. Graham crackers, cookies, more spoons. I’d say it’s more of a chocolate mint spread, with a hint of nuttiness. I don’t really know how to explain it, but I like it. And I want someone else to try it out too, so it’s going in the box!
4. Candy Cane Bliss Handsoap: Of all of the amazing yummy smells at Bath and Body Works, Twisted Peppermint takes the cake. This candy cane bliss spells pretty much exactly like it, only the container is cuter (if you ask me). Peppermint soap that is refreshing and yummy, and makes you want to eat candy. Enjoy it.
5. World’s Softest Socks: Do you all have a pair of these?? At Costco you can buy a 3 pack for 10 bucks and they’re literally called “World’s Softest.” Like the brand claims, it’s like walking on clouds. In the winter, when I’m hanging around the house I wear them every day, and my husband stares at my feet every time I pull them up over my skinny jeans. I don’t care; they’re the coziest socks everrrr. Also, they’re super good for sliding contests, if you happen to have family sliding contests down your hard wood hallway. Just my family? Okay then. I actually forgot to get these (along with half of my grocery list) at Costco today because I was completely sidetracked and overstimulated by the onslaught of holiday sample stations. But I did grab Target’s version, which if you ask me, are plenty cozy themselves.
6. Market Pantry Pumpkin Cheesecake Cookies: Soooooooo Goooooooood. These are amazing. Pumpkin Spice Cookie. Cheesecake Filling. Find them at Target. Only during the fall months. I dare you not to finish off that entire box in one sitting. That is all.
7. Holiday Mint M&M’s: My favorite specialty variety of M&M’s. My first bag of the season is as exciting as the first snow. I could easily down an entire bag of these single-handedly. There’s a white-chocolate candycane version too, but don’t be fooled. These are the best.
8. Pacific Foods Roasted Red Pepper and Tomato Soup: I know. Kind of random that there’s a box of soup in here. But I’m sitting here writing out this post while sipping it out of my favorite mug, like I do at least once a day, every single day. So I thought, dang. I’m tossing a box of soup in. People need to be eating this stuff. If you haven’t been buying a case of this soup on every trip to Costco, you’re missing out. It’s super rich and creamy, but also super low calorie. And it’s a work horse in the kitchen. I love it plain, but it’s awesome as a base for any other soup, or smothered over enchiladas, or loaded with sour cream and bacon. It has a great, great flavor that I can’t get enough of. There’s an open carton in my fridge just all the time. You should be able to find it in most grocery stores, or like I said, you can buy a case at Costco for a killer price.
9. Baby Lips Dr. Rescue: All of my friends are obsessed with the Baby Lips line from Maybelline. They come in sheer colors, and make your lips super soft. It now comes in medicated, giving soft pretty color with a soothing peppermint scent and tingly feel. Love it. I’m tossing in one in the coral crush color!
10. Jo’s Candies Peppermint Crunch: There was a little specialty market near my childhood home that we stopped at on almost a daily basis for last-minute things like milk and bread. They have an amazing deli and bakery, and always stock their checkout lanes with unique little finds. One thing that was constant was packs of Jo’s Candies. These dark chocolate covered lemon crunch things are amaaaazing, and we’d anxiously await every Christmas when they’d stock Jo’s Peppermint Crunch. Squares of pure holiday heaven. The centers aren’t crunchy, but they’re not soft; it’s somewhere in between and they’re awesome. My Mom would often get the little pack of 2 and quietly sneak one to me and eat the other one herself. I haven’t seen these in years, and last night when I was checking out at World Market, I heard a chorus of angels and SAW THEM. I totally yelped out loud. And then I came home with a bag full of Jo’s. I’m parting with a tiny little 2 pack because I love you. But I’m hoarding the rest.
My package is all packed up and ready to go. I just need a name and address on it! If you want me to send this YOUR way, just leave one comment in the comment field below, and tell me one of your current winter time faves. Winner will be chosen in about a week and will have 48 hours to respond to my email or a new winner will be chosen. Go!
LOVE all the wintery ideas! Cant wait to hunt down Angies Chocolate popcorn!
I too am OBSESSED with the Olive oil and sea slat popcorn!!!!!
I love cranberry spice scented candles in the winter. Oh, and I love those pine cones or little things that smell like cinnamon sticks. I love wreaths, although I don’t have one. So sad. I love winter!
Stephens Hazelnut cocoa! Yummy
I love ready favs cause theres always something new out there and I love finding new stuff!
my winter fav…chex mex brand has a peppermint flavor…to die for!! oh and chapstix has candy cane flavor!
Great favorites and ideas for gifts this year. My faves: Ghirardelli Peppermint Bark & my neighbor’s homemade tamales that she delivers every year for Christmas! Yum! & Thank You!
Pick me, this looks amazing! I love costco too and love the roasted pepper hummus at costco right now.
Homemade southern pecan pie that gives the house a wonderful winter smell
I love Hot cocoa. Stephen’s Mint flavored is my personal favorite. BUT I always make Nanaimo Bars this time of year. They are definitely a favorite!
Chickfila’s peppermint milkshake is to die for!
I keep boxes of Trader Joes Almond Croissants in the freezer for a nice winter time treat
Okay, so I know this is technically more of a fall-ish thing (actually it’s more like a year-round thing for me) but anything pumpkin chocolate chip I just love so much right now. Bread, pancakes, cookies, muffins… I love it all!
I love the candy cane oreos and also the Fresh balsam sent from bath and body works (it smells like a christmas tree!)
I love hot cocoa & chocolate fudge during the winter. YUM!!
Some of my winter favorites are things with mint, gingerbread,or warm soup. This is an amazing giveaway!
Fun!! Care packages are the best. In Japan right now, mandarins are in season and we probably go through a couple dozen per week. We’ll be back stateside for the holidays, though, so you could send the box to my mom and e can share 🙂
Cinnamon Bear Scentsy
Please pick me, pick me
Bath and body works candles!!!!! Love them
Oooo pick me! I absolutely LOVE egg nog. Mmmm
I love eggnog and pumpkin ice cream , and peppermint ice cream this time of year.
I’ve been on a wax melt kick. Love vanilla scents, sugar cookies, pine/holiday… just something warm and soothing!
This is a fun list of things to try! I love the candy cane Blizzards from Dairy Queen-so yummy!
My current favorite are the mint M & m’s. Yum!
I absolutely love making a big pot of your Tortellini Sausage Soup and my grandma’s recipe for hot, buttery satin rolls! Heaven in my mouth!! I could have it every day all… winter…long! It really is the most wonderful time of the year! Oh… and of course Dove Peppermint Bark for dessert 🙂
In the winter I drink herbal tea at night before bed. Favorites include: Trader Joes Bedtime tea, Good Earth’s Sweet & Spicy herbal tea and Celestial Seasonings Sleepytime Extra tea (which is an awesome cure for insomnia)! I’d love to be the recipient of your box of favorites!
“Extraordinary Bark” from Trader Joes-soooo delicious! What a fun idea can’t wait to see who wins!
Last year I was in the hospital with my 1 month old baby with RSV for about a week. Trader Joe’s Peppermint Joe Joes and a good book pulled me through.
Pumpkin Snickerdoodles is it right now.
And you need to know that when my 12 year old son sees your cookbook on the counter while I am making dinner he says oh dinner will taste good. True Story.
And your recipes are sure to make at least five of my six table food eating children happy on any given night. Yes, I have an infant that has not been introduced to your delicious recipes…all in good time.
Frosted cranberry candles and wallflowers from bath and body works!
Making pumpkin chocolate chip cookies.