If you’re here looking for our cute Candy Turkey Craft, Just look down the right hand side of the page and you’ll see the photo. Click on it for the tutorial!
We haven’t done a Friday Favorites, or a Goodie Box post in quite a while, so let me explain what it is! First and foremost, we want to make it very clear that these posts are NOT sponsored, ever. There is no advertising or promotion going on here- in these posts we simply highlight things we’re loving at the moment. Things we buy and use ourselves, things we’re always talking about on Instagram, things we want to tell our friends (you!) about. And sometimes we go out and buy all of the stuff we’re talking about (we buy it ourselves, this isn’t free stuff that’s sent to us) and we put it in a hand-packed care package (because how fun is that?!) and we mail it to one of YOU! Now, this isn’t one of those Blogger-Favorite-Things posts where we give away ipads and designer purses. It’s the little random stuff from around town that you can actually go out and buy yourself after you read about it. Stuff you can look for at Target and the mall. Because we like to keep it real around here. So let’s get on with it- eh? Here’s some of my favorite things!
1. Bath & Body Works 3 wick Candles: Kate and I have a small
hoarding problem obsession when it comes to scented candles, but not all candles are created equal. We love Bath and Body Works, not only for the endless variety of fun scents and the fact that their shipping boxes are lined in blue gingham, but for the fact that when those babies are a burnin’ the smell really does fill up your entire house. I have a lot of favorite scents, but one of my favorites these days is Tis the Season. It’s a little fruity, a little spicy, maybe a tiny hint of evergreen in there…basically it just smells like Christmas. I’m sending a mason jar size in this scent!
2. Angie’s Kettle Cooked
Crack Popcorn: People who follow me on Instagram sometimes get the impression that I work for Angie’s Popcorn. I do not. I wish I did because I’m guessing the job comes with perks like lots of free popcorn, and then I would have half of my 2013 income back (you know, the half I spent on popcorn this year). If you haven’t tried out Angie’s products, stop waiting. I actually waited, because I figured what the heck- it’s popcorn. Don’t people know you can make this stuff at home? (And we make really good popcorn.) But then I tried some. And I was addicted at first bite. Angie’s is kettle cooked, comes in amazing flavors, and most of them are just ever so slightly coated in sweet, sugary, deliciousness. Just enough to make you feel like you’re eating something naughty, but not enough to ruin your diet. They’re all fairly low calorie and come in amazing flavors. It’s seriously a dieters dream. Two of my favorite holiday specials (BOTH going in this box) are Dark Chocolate with Sea Salt, and Iced Gingerbread. The peppermint is great too, but I make enough of my own Peppermint Bark Popcorn!
3. Jif Whips Peanut butter with Chocolate Mint: I instagramed a photo of this a while back because I thought it was so, SO weird. Like, whoever even thought of this idea? Were they on drugs at the time? How did it pass focus groups? Of course I had to buy it simply because of intrigue. I like peanut butter, I like chocolate, I like mint. I like peanut butter chocolate, I like mint chocolate. But peanut butter chocolate mint?? That’s crazy talk. What a bizarre combo. I opened it expecting to be repulsed and something else happened. I ate a spoonful, and then another spoonful, and then before long I was thinking of anything and everything I could think of that I could dip in there. Graham crackers, cookies, more spoons. I’d say it’s more of a chocolate mint spread, with a hint of nuttiness. I don’t really know how to explain it, but I like it. And I want someone else to try it out too, so it’s going in the box!
4. Candy Cane Bliss Handsoap: Of all of the amazing yummy smells at Bath and Body Works, Twisted Peppermint takes the cake. This candy cane bliss spells pretty much exactly like it, only the container is cuter (if you ask me). Peppermint soap that is refreshing and yummy, and makes you want to eat candy. Enjoy it.
5. World’s Softest Socks: Do you all have a pair of these?? At Costco you can buy a 3 pack for 10 bucks and they’re literally called “World’s Softest.” Like the brand claims, it’s like walking on clouds. In the winter, when I’m hanging around the house I wear them every day, and my husband stares at my feet every time I pull them up over my skinny jeans. I don’t care; they’re the coziest socks everrrr. Also, they’re super good for sliding contests, if you happen to have family sliding contests down your hard wood hallway. Just my family? Okay then. I actually forgot to get these (along with half of my grocery list) at Costco today because I was completely sidetracked and overstimulated by the onslaught of holiday sample stations. But I did grab Target’s version, which if you ask me, are plenty cozy themselves.
6. Market Pantry Pumpkin Cheesecake Cookies: Soooooooo Goooooooood. These are amazing. Pumpkin Spice Cookie. Cheesecake Filling. Find them at Target. Only during the fall months. I dare you not to finish off that entire box in one sitting. That is all.
7. Holiday Mint M&M’s: My favorite specialty variety of M&M’s. My first bag of the season is as exciting as the first snow. I could easily down an entire bag of these single-handedly. There’s a white-chocolate candycane version too, but don’t be fooled. These are the best.
8. Pacific Foods Roasted Red Pepper and Tomato Soup: I know. Kind of random that there’s a box of soup in here. But I’m sitting here writing out this post while sipping it out of my favorite mug, like I do at least once a day, every single day. So I thought, dang. I’m tossing a box of soup in. People need to be eating this stuff. If you haven’t been buying a case of this soup on every trip to Costco, you’re missing out. It’s super rich and creamy, but also super low calorie. And it’s a work horse in the kitchen. I love it plain, but it’s awesome as a base for any other soup, or smothered over enchiladas, or loaded with sour cream and bacon. It has a great, great flavor that I can’t get enough of. There’s an open carton in my fridge just all the time. You should be able to find it in most grocery stores, or like I said, you can buy a case at Costco for a killer price.
9. Baby Lips Dr. Rescue: All of my friends are obsessed with the Baby Lips line from Maybelline. They come in sheer colors, and make your lips super soft. It now comes in medicated, giving soft pretty color with a soothing peppermint scent and tingly feel. Love it. I’m tossing in one in the coral crush color!
10. Jo’s Candies Peppermint Crunch: There was a little specialty market near my childhood home that we stopped at on almost a daily basis for last-minute things like milk and bread. They have an amazing deli and bakery, and always stock their checkout lanes with unique little finds. One thing that was constant was packs of Jo’s Candies. These dark chocolate covered lemon crunch things are amaaaazing, and we’d anxiously await every Christmas when they’d stock Jo’s Peppermint Crunch. Squares of pure holiday heaven. The centers aren’t crunchy, but they’re not soft; it’s somewhere in between and they’re awesome. My Mom would often get the little pack of 2 and quietly sneak one to me and eat the other one herself. I haven’t seen these in years, and last night when I was checking out at World Market, I heard a chorus of angels and SAW THEM. I totally yelped out loud. And then I came home with a bag full of Jo’s. I’m parting with a tiny little 2 pack because I love you. But I’m hoarding the rest.
My package is all packed up and ready to go. I just need a name and address on it! If you want me to send this YOUR way, just leave one comment in the comment field below, and tell me one of your current winter time faves. Winner will be chosen in about a week and will have 48 hours to respond to my email or a new winner will be chosen. Go!
Trader Joe’s Candy Cane Joes…yum!!
My winter staple is hot chocolate. I could drink some all day every day. I also love cozy socks. My feet feel like ice most of the time so I’m pretty sure I need this box if only for the socks (since I don’t have a Costco membership. Oh the shame!) Thanks for the giveaway. You girls are awesome.
I love white chocolate hot cocoa with bailey’s pumpkin spice screamer mixed in!
I, too, am loving the Christmas candles at Bath & Body Works!! 🙂
Mint M&M’s mixed with cashews!!!! And popcorn with melted white chocolate and peppermint sprinkles!!
Fun stuff! I am loving the Fresh Balsam candle from Bath and Body Works right now!
Winter time = hot cocoa 🙂
Oooh! A few of my favorite things for the holiday season would be Egg Nog Steamers and Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate from Starbucks (not mixed…but that might be intriguing), peppermint bark, those little mint jingle bells that come in a plastic candy cane (those are mostly for nostalgic reasons–we always got one in our Christmas stocking growing up), those chocolate covered jelly sticks in raspberry or orange, wassail, and last but DEFINITELY not least Terry’s Dark Chocolate oranges (These have been very hard to find these past few years, so I tend to hoard them when I find them. I’ll eat the milk chocolate too if I’m desperate).
You have awesome goodies!
Stephens hot chocolate.
My current favorite thing this winter is Stephens hot chocolate. I know that is not too exciting, but I have a cup (or two) every single day and I never get tired of it! Yummy!
I love the Twisted Peppermint stuff! I have a bottle of the lotion that I use just during the winter months 🙂
Trying to wait patiently for Costco to carry the Starbucks Dark Chocolate Hot Cocoa. A must have!!
My current fave is the peppermint chocolate pretzels-YUM!
I always have to have eggnog when it gets close to Christmas.I like to put a little rum in it too 🙂 its a must have in the winter time. I also buy the $1 bag of Christmas cookies. I can only find these 2 items in the winter so it’s a special treat that I treat myself to.
I love the Christmas oreos!
I love the pumpkin spice cream cheese. Delish!
This is a fun giveaway! I have been loving the mint milano cookies!!
Pick me…pick me!!!
I cannot get enough of popcorn Indiana brand dark fudge peppermint kettle corn. I can eat an entire bag in one sitting. Yum!! Love you ladies! Thanks for sharing your winter faves!
I love anything chocolate, and I do this year round, but Christmas time always seems like the perfect time for Tim Tam Slams. Yummalicious. 🙂
My favorite is peppermint hot chocolate in the holiday Starbucks cup. Thanks for the giveaway!
I’m currently loving the gingerbread Oreos…yum! Your picks look fantastic!
Anything mint. Hot chocolate, truffles, popcorn, pretzel slims =) A new favorite is Trader Joe’s cinnamon broom. Amazing! It smells so good!!
I love the bath and body works peppermint wall flower. Makes my house smell like a candy cane!
I love the peppermint/white chocolate Hershey’s Kisses. Always hope there are some left for the sale at the end of the season so I can have some extra. 😉
I want that box! I love the old school movies like Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer that come on. I also love molasses cookies!! AND my favorite half marathon is in December the Bakers Dozen (seriously this is awesome you HAVE to eat a sweet every 3 miles) and the medal last year was a huge pink donut this year it’s a gingerbread man with a bite in him! As for food Apple Cake with caramel sauce is my favorite!
Thank you for your Kindness with offering a gift in the True Spirit of this season!! I am not sharing my thoughts in hopes of winning your kind gift, as that would be as likely as winning the Lotto. But I’d like to Thank you for the Wonderful Memory of just seeing the Mint M&M’s which were my late husband’s Favorite treat. My children & I had such fun searching for them at this time of year just to Stuff his Stocking with as many as we could as those made him the Happiest. My Special Wishes are for all others missing their Special Loved Ones esp. during this difficult time of year, to let them know that they aren’t alone. Hang on to ALL our Wonderful Happy Memories!! To other’s whose loss is also Military Service related, as mine. Lost after a Long Illness from Agent Orange in Viet Nam, there is a Wonderful group, “AWP”, American Widow’s Project you should look up, as they offer Great Support. I’d like to send Blessings to All of them & other Widow’s/Widower’s at this time of year, as we ALL need to remember our Happier Times and the Little things that remind us of them, even something as simple as Mint M&M’s!! God Bless & Happy Holiday’s to ALL!!
I love snuggling with a warm blanket, drinking hot chocolate and listening to Christmas music. My fav.