If you’re here looking for our cute Candy Turkey Craft, Just look down the right hand side of the page and you’ll see the photo. Click on it for the tutorial!
We haven’t done a Friday Favorites, or a Goodie Box post in quite a while, so let me explain what it is! First and foremost, we want to make it very clear that these posts are NOT sponsored, ever. There is no advertising or promotion going on here- in these posts we simply highlight things we’re loving at the moment. Things we buy and use ourselves, things we’re always talking about on Instagram, things we want to tell our friends (you!) about. And sometimes we go out and buy all of the stuff we’re talking about (we buy it ourselves, this isn’t free stuff that’s sent to us) and we put it in a hand-packed care package (because how fun is that?!) and we mail it to one of YOU! Now, this isn’t one of those Blogger-Favorite-Things posts where we give away ipads and designer purses. It’s the little random stuff from around town that you can actually go out and buy yourself after you read about it. Stuff you can look for at Target and the mall. Because we like to keep it real around here. So let’s get on with it- eh? Here’s some of my favorite things!
1. Bath & Body Works 3 wick Candles: Kate and I have a small
hoarding problem obsession when it comes to scented candles, but not all candles are created equal. We love Bath and Body Works, not only for the endless variety of fun scents and the fact that their shipping boxes are lined in blue gingham, but for the fact that when those babies are a burnin’ the smell really does fill up your entire house. I have a lot of favorite scents, but one of my favorites these days is Tis the Season. It’s a little fruity, a little spicy, maybe a tiny hint of evergreen in there…basically it just smells like Christmas. I’m sending a mason jar size in this scent!
2. Angie’s Kettle Cooked
Crack Popcorn: People who follow me on Instagram sometimes get the impression that I work for Angie’s Popcorn. I do not. I wish I did because I’m guessing the job comes with perks like lots of free popcorn, and then I would have half of my 2013 income back (you know, the half I spent on popcorn this year). If you haven’t tried out Angie’s products, stop waiting. I actually waited, because I figured what the heck- it’s popcorn. Don’t people know you can make this stuff at home? (And we make really good popcorn.) But then I tried some. And I was addicted at first bite. Angie’s is kettle cooked, comes in amazing flavors, and most of them are just ever so slightly coated in sweet, sugary, deliciousness. Just enough to make you feel like you’re eating something naughty, but not enough to ruin your diet. They’re all fairly low calorie and come in amazing flavors. It’s seriously a dieters dream. Two of my favorite holiday specials (BOTH going in this box) are Dark Chocolate with Sea Salt, and Iced Gingerbread. The peppermint is great too, but I make enough of my own Peppermint Bark Popcorn!
3. Jif Whips Peanut butter with Chocolate Mint: I instagramed a photo of this a while back because I thought it was so, SO weird. Like, whoever even thought of this idea? Were they on drugs at the time? How did it pass focus groups? Of course I had to buy it simply because of intrigue. I like peanut butter, I like chocolate, I like mint. I like peanut butter chocolate, I like mint chocolate. But peanut butter chocolate mint?? That’s crazy talk. What a bizarre combo. I opened it expecting to be repulsed and something else happened. I ate a spoonful, and then another spoonful, and then before long I was thinking of anything and everything I could think of that I could dip in there. Graham crackers, cookies, more spoons. I’d say it’s more of a chocolate mint spread, with a hint of nuttiness. I don’t really know how to explain it, but I like it. And I want someone else to try it out too, so it’s going in the box!
4. Candy Cane Bliss Handsoap: Of all of the amazing yummy smells at Bath and Body Works, Twisted Peppermint takes the cake. This candy cane bliss spells pretty much exactly like it, only the container is cuter (if you ask me). Peppermint soap that is refreshing and yummy, and makes you want to eat candy. Enjoy it.
5. World’s Softest Socks: Do you all have a pair of these?? At Costco you can buy a 3 pack for 10 bucks and they’re literally called “World’s Softest.” Like the brand claims, it’s like walking on clouds. In the winter, when I’m hanging around the house I wear them every day, and my husband stares at my feet every time I pull them up over my skinny jeans. I don’t care; they’re the coziest socks everrrr. Also, they’re super good for sliding contests, if you happen to have family sliding contests down your hard wood hallway. Just my family? Okay then. I actually forgot to get these (along with half of my grocery list) at Costco today because I was completely sidetracked and overstimulated by the onslaught of holiday sample stations. But I did grab Target’s version, which if you ask me, are plenty cozy themselves.
6. Market Pantry Pumpkin Cheesecake Cookies: Soooooooo Goooooooood. These are amazing. Pumpkin Spice Cookie. Cheesecake Filling. Find them at Target. Only during the fall months. I dare you not to finish off that entire box in one sitting. That is all.
7. Holiday Mint M&M’s: My favorite specialty variety of M&M’s. My first bag of the season is as exciting as the first snow. I could easily down an entire bag of these single-handedly. There’s a white-chocolate candycane version too, but don’t be fooled. These are the best.
8. Pacific Foods Roasted Red Pepper and Tomato Soup: I know. Kind of random that there’s a box of soup in here. But I’m sitting here writing out this post while sipping it out of my favorite mug, like I do at least once a day, every single day. So I thought, dang. I’m tossing a box of soup in. People need to be eating this stuff. If you haven’t been buying a case of this soup on every trip to Costco, you’re missing out. It’s super rich and creamy, but also super low calorie. And it’s a work horse in the kitchen. I love it plain, but it’s awesome as a base for any other soup, or smothered over enchiladas, or loaded with sour cream and bacon. It has a great, great flavor that I can’t get enough of. There’s an open carton in my fridge just all the time. You should be able to find it in most grocery stores, or like I said, you can buy a case at Costco for a killer price.
9. Baby Lips Dr. Rescue: All of my friends are obsessed with the Baby Lips line from Maybelline. They come in sheer colors, and make your lips super soft. It now comes in medicated, giving soft pretty color with a soothing peppermint scent and tingly feel. Love it. I’m tossing in one in the coral crush color!
10. Jo’s Candies Peppermint Crunch: There was a little specialty market near my childhood home that we stopped at on almost a daily basis for last-minute things like milk and bread. They have an amazing deli and bakery, and always stock their checkout lanes with unique little finds. One thing that was constant was packs of Jo’s Candies. These dark chocolate covered lemon crunch things are amaaaazing, and we’d anxiously await every Christmas when they’d stock Jo’s Peppermint Crunch. Squares of pure holiday heaven. The centers aren’t crunchy, but they’re not soft; it’s somewhere in between and they’re awesome. My Mom would often get the little pack of 2 and quietly sneak one to me and eat the other one herself. I haven’t seen these in years, and last night when I was checking out at World Market, I heard a chorus of angels and SAW THEM. I totally yelped out loud. And then I came home with a bag full of Jo’s. I’m parting with a tiny little 2 pack because I love you. But I’m hoarding the rest.
My package is all packed up and ready to go. I just need a name and address on it! If you want me to send this YOUR way, just leave one comment in the comment field below, and tell me one of your current winter time faves. Winner will be chosen in about a week and will have 48 hours to respond to my email or a new winner will be chosen. Go!
Love your Goodie Box – lots of fun things in there. 🙂
I think the World’s Softest Socks are about to become my new winter favorite. I’m out of here tomorrow to track some down.
My favorite this time of year is the Pumpkin Spice Latte from DD. When my daughter comes home to visit, we go get one to start off our mother/daughter time that day.
I love the Brach’s Raspberry filled candies! I get excited when I see them in the store for the first time each year. I love your list! I have tried several items and agree with you!
You must be a mint fanatic like me!! I just love the season of the holidays. The cooler weather, the comfort foods, the fact that mint is everywhere! I love the time with the family too.
Bath and body works winter candy apple collection! Love it and never get tired if it! 🙂
One of my favorite winter favorites that I look forward to making every year since I found the recipe on this blog is the peppermint bark popcorn. Love it. Another winter favorite is hot cocoa, any flavor, in my kitchen, from the gas station, or from some other fancy shmancy place. I love hot cocoa. I even had a hot cocoa bar at my wedding reception.
Absolute Faves… Trader Joe’s Pumpkin Pancake and Waffle Mix and their NO BOILING OVEN READY Lasagna Noodles! Wwwwwhhhhhaaat! Yummy comfort food! Nom nom nom.
My winter favorite is Peppermint Mocha from Starbucks. I have been told it is available year round but it doesn’t taste the same if the cup isn’t red!
My winter favorite this year and every year is a combo. Edy’s peppermint ice cream (only available during the holiday season). And chocolate covered pretzel 100 calorie snack packs. Take one package of pretzels, pour over a bowl of ice cream and enjoy. It is like eating home-made chocolate covered pretzel rods, rolled in candy cane pieces, in a bowl. D-E-L-I-C-I-O-U-S!
My winter favorites are soups. I used to not be a big soup person, but as I have gotten older, when the cold weather comes it is time to take out the crock pot or go to my favorite restaurant for some nice warm soup.
Easy choice! Stephens candy cane hot cocoa. Pure bliss, enjoyed after the kids go to bed each night 🙂
I love candy cane hershey’s kisses–and I’m always so excited to buy the first bag!!
I love peppermint jo-jo’s from Trader Joe’s and cashmere sweaters.
I love Chick-fil-A’s peppermint milkshake at this time of year!
I am currently hooked on homemade pumpkin chocolate chip muffins!
I can’t pick just one favorite! I love gingerbread lattes from Starbucks, Marshmallow Fireside candles from B&BW, and Trader Joe’s Candy Cane Joe Joes!
Hot chocolate standing in front of the fireplace with snow outside.
I love that whips stuff! It’s like crack. I tried to stop eating it and I just couldn’t.
what a fun assortment! every winter i love to buy OLAY WINTER body wash, it smells vanilla-y and reminds me of the season…i look forward to it all year. love OBB!
My fav winter snack is the cookies in cream Chex Mix, so yummy!
I love to make homemade ice cream with toppings- pumpkin ice cream with caramel sauce or peppermint ice cream with chocolate sauce. YUM!
Farr’s peppermint ice cream!! A must!!!
Wowsa! I’m pretty much going to be the luckiest person ever if I win this. Almost 2,000 comments??!!! The odds are definitely not in my favor.
My current favorite thing is not relegated to winter, but its reisens. I recently bought a big bag because one of my friend had never had one (oh the horror!) and my life has been happy for a long while now 🙂
I love Stephen’s Hot chocolate. So much that I have my mom ship me it since I can’t get it where I live!
Crio!! Not as sweet as hot cocoa but rich and warm!
My current winter favorites are Bath & Body Works gentle foaming hand soap in “Fresh Sparkling Snow”. “Snow Day” & “Tis the Season” candles. I just love all the holiday scents that Bath & Body Works offers! Thanks for this great giveaway! 🙂
I love Peppermint Mochas…. mint, chocolate and whip cream with little chocolate curls…yummmmmmmmmm. Plus I love going into Bath and Body Works and smelling all the new scents of the season.
It would be a comforting post-natal package! We’re having a baby boy on the 26th! (c-section) A few of my favorite holiday/winter items are Terry’s Chocolate Oranges, Candy Cane ice cream (Stewart’s is the best, but only available in NY) and just about any of Yankee Candle’s seasonal scents.
I fave are any kind of winter/Christmas scented candles!