If you’re here looking for our cute Candy Turkey Craft, Just look down the right hand side of the page and you’ll see the photo. Click on it for the tutorial!
We haven’t done a Friday Favorites, or a Goodie Box post in quite a while, so let me explain what it is! First and foremost, we want to make it very clear that these posts are NOT sponsored, ever. There is no advertising or promotion going on here- in these posts we simply highlight things we’re loving at the moment. Things we buy and use ourselves, things we’re always talking about on Instagram, things we want to tell our friends (you!) about. And sometimes we go out and buy all of the stuff we’re talking about (we buy it ourselves, this isn’t free stuff that’s sent to us) and we put it in a hand-packed care package (because how fun is that?!) and we mail it to one of YOU! Now, this isn’t one of those Blogger-Favorite-Things posts where we give away ipads and designer purses. It’s the little random stuff from around town that you can actually go out and buy yourself after you read about it. Stuff you can look for at Target and the mall. Because we like to keep it real around here. So let’s get on with it- eh? Here’s some of my favorite things!
1. Bath & Body Works 3 wick Candles: Kate and I have a small
hoarding problem obsession when it comes to scented candles, but not all candles are created equal. We love Bath and Body Works, not only for the endless variety of fun scents and the fact that their shipping boxes are lined in blue gingham, but for the fact that when those babies are a burnin’ the smell really does fill up your entire house. I have a lot of favorite scents, but one of my favorites these days is Tis the Season. It’s a little fruity, a little spicy, maybe a tiny hint of evergreen in there…basically it just smells like Christmas. I’m sending a mason jar size in this scent!
2. Angie’s Kettle Cooked
Crack Popcorn: People who follow me on Instagram sometimes get the impression that I work for Angie’s Popcorn. I do not. I wish I did because I’m guessing the job comes with perks like lots of free popcorn, and then I would have half of my 2013 income back (you know, the half I spent on popcorn this year). If you haven’t tried out Angie’s products, stop waiting. I actually waited, because I figured what the heck- it’s popcorn. Don’t people know you can make this stuff at home? (And we make really good popcorn.) But then I tried some. And I was addicted at first bite. Angie’s is kettle cooked, comes in amazing flavors, and most of them are just ever so slightly coated in sweet, sugary, deliciousness. Just enough to make you feel like you’re eating something naughty, but not enough to ruin your diet. They’re all fairly low calorie and come in amazing flavors. It’s seriously a dieters dream. Two of my favorite holiday specials (BOTH going in this box) are Dark Chocolate with Sea Salt, and Iced Gingerbread. The peppermint is great too, but I make enough of my own Peppermint Bark Popcorn!
3. Jif Whips Peanut butter with Chocolate Mint: I instagramed a photo of this a while back because I thought it was so, SO weird. Like, whoever even thought of this idea? Were they on drugs at the time? How did it pass focus groups? Of course I had to buy it simply because of intrigue. I like peanut butter, I like chocolate, I like mint. I like peanut butter chocolate, I like mint chocolate. But peanut butter chocolate mint?? That’s crazy talk. What a bizarre combo. I opened it expecting to be repulsed and something else happened. I ate a spoonful, and then another spoonful, and then before long I was thinking of anything and everything I could think of that I could dip in there. Graham crackers, cookies, more spoons. I’d say it’s more of a chocolate mint spread, with a hint of nuttiness. I don’t really know how to explain it, but I like it. And I want someone else to try it out too, so it’s going in the box!
4. Candy Cane Bliss Handsoap: Of all of the amazing yummy smells at Bath and Body Works, Twisted Peppermint takes the cake. This candy cane bliss spells pretty much exactly like it, only the container is cuter (if you ask me). Peppermint soap that is refreshing and yummy, and makes you want to eat candy. Enjoy it.
5. World’s Softest Socks: Do you all have a pair of these?? At Costco you can buy a 3 pack for 10 bucks and they’re literally called “World’s Softest.” Like the brand claims, it’s like walking on clouds. In the winter, when I’m hanging around the house I wear them every day, and my husband stares at my feet every time I pull them up over my skinny jeans. I don’t care; they’re the coziest socks everrrr. Also, they’re super good for sliding contests, if you happen to have family sliding contests down your hard wood hallway. Just my family? Okay then. I actually forgot to get these (along with half of my grocery list) at Costco today because I was completely sidetracked and overstimulated by the onslaught of holiday sample stations. But I did grab Target’s version, which if you ask me, are plenty cozy themselves.
6. Market Pantry Pumpkin Cheesecake Cookies: Soooooooo Goooooooood. These are amazing. Pumpkin Spice Cookie. Cheesecake Filling. Find them at Target. Only during the fall months. I dare you not to finish off that entire box in one sitting. That is all.
7. Holiday Mint M&M’s: My favorite specialty variety of M&M’s. My first bag of the season is as exciting as the first snow. I could easily down an entire bag of these single-handedly. There’s a white-chocolate candycane version too, but don’t be fooled. These are the best.
8. Pacific Foods Roasted Red Pepper and Tomato Soup: I know. Kind of random that there’s a box of soup in here. But I’m sitting here writing out this post while sipping it out of my favorite mug, like I do at least once a day, every single day. So I thought, dang. I’m tossing a box of soup in. People need to be eating this stuff. If you haven’t been buying a case of this soup on every trip to Costco, you’re missing out. It’s super rich and creamy, but also super low calorie. And it’s a work horse in the kitchen. I love it plain, but it’s awesome as a base for any other soup, or smothered over enchiladas, or loaded with sour cream and bacon. It has a great, great flavor that I can’t get enough of. There’s an open carton in my fridge just all the time. You should be able to find it in most grocery stores, or like I said, you can buy a case at Costco for a killer price.
9. Baby Lips Dr. Rescue: All of my friends are obsessed with the Baby Lips line from Maybelline. They come in sheer colors, and make your lips super soft. It now comes in medicated, giving soft pretty color with a soothing peppermint scent and tingly feel. Love it. I’m tossing in one in the coral crush color!
10. Jo’s Candies Peppermint Crunch: There was a little specialty market near my childhood home that we stopped at on almost a daily basis for last-minute things like milk and bread. They have an amazing deli and bakery, and always stock their checkout lanes with unique little finds. One thing that was constant was packs of Jo’s Candies. These dark chocolate covered lemon crunch things are amaaaazing, and we’d anxiously await every Christmas when they’d stock Jo’s Peppermint Crunch. Squares of pure holiday heaven. The centers aren’t crunchy, but they’re not soft; it’s somewhere in between and they’re awesome. My Mom would often get the little pack of 2 and quietly sneak one to me and eat the other one herself. I haven’t seen these in years, and last night when I was checking out at World Market, I heard a chorus of angels and SAW THEM. I totally yelped out loud. And then I came home with a bag full of Jo’s. I’m parting with a tiny little 2 pack because I love you. But I’m hoarding the rest.
My package is all packed up and ready to go. I just need a name and address on it! If you want me to send this YOUR way, just leave one comment in the comment field below, and tell me one of your current winter time faves. Winner will be chosen in about a week and will have 48 hours to respond to my email or a new winner will be chosen. Go!
My anytime-favorite thing lately is Trader Joe’s cookie butter. I mean, really. It’s so good, it’s ridiculous!
Stephens mint truffle hot cocoa!
I am loving Hershey’s kisses mint truffels right now!
Iced Ginger hand soap by bath & body works.
Love the goodies you’ve packed – I’m very curious now bout some of them 😉
Oh and I found some delicious peppermint chex mix!!! The first time I had it was last year. I love it when new products I love make it another year!
What a fun giveaway! You guys are the BEST! Pick me! 😉 My favorite wintertime thing is mint M & M’s.
My space heater!!
Godiva hot chocolate…with godiva liqour 🙂
One of my favorites is Williams-Sonoma peppermint fudge (in a jar for ice cream topping) and Stephens hazelnut hot cocoa. Yum!
Wow, amazing stuff. Some of my favs and “soon-to-be” favs, I suspect!
This time of year, I crave everything peppermint. I love white chocolate covered pretzels with crushed peppermint on them….so yummy!
One of my favorites is Peanut Butter & Co, especially the White Chocolate flavor.
Oh, my goodness! There are SO many of these lovelies that you can’t get in Canada!! I would love to win! As for my favourites, I love anything minty and chocolatey. Mmmm.
I literally wait all year for the newest holiday inspired candies! This year the pumpkin spice m&m’s at Target were amazing! Unfortunately, I only got one tiny bag. 🙁 I do wait every year for the classic mint m&m’s! I love this post. It makes me feel good knowing that someone else goes around, this time of year,obsessed with all the seasonal goodies!!!
tea, tea, lots of tea!
My current winter favorite is peppermint white fudge dipped pretzels. This is a great giveaway and I hope I get to try some of winter favorites!
Ooooh! I totally agree with you on that Bath & Body candles!! I can’t get enough of the Leaves and the Frosted Cranberry 3 wick candles. I can’t get enough! Oh and pumpkin muddy buddies!!!
Love it all! I really enjoy these types of posts because it is always fun to try new things. Easy to get in a rut with the same old thing! Thanks for sharing!!!
I really like Trader Joe’s Spiced Chai Tea Latte. Unfortunately, we don’t have a TG nearby, so my girlfriend has to ship it to me.
By far, minty M&M’s! The best!
I want to win! My favorite thing to share is the turbie twist. If you don’t have one, get one. You’ll love it!
That peanut butter sounds amazing!!!!!!
Gingerbread family from Pepperidge Farm. I love them!!!!
My favorite is Trader Joe’s spiced apple cider, they only get it in the winter and I have to stock up every year. I like it warmed or cold.
I absolutely love mint M&Ms and the cherry cordial M&Ms. My son loves cherry cordial Hershey’s Kisses which are really hard to find in our area. When I see them, I stock up. I have to ration myself or I would eat them all the first day.
One of my winter favorites is Pumpkin pudding by Jello!I am always looking for new favorites!
All these things look WONDERUFL! AND, I suppose I’m a little sheltered because I have actually seen or heard of 8 out of 10 of these fabulous looking things. I would have to be a real hermit to not have the m7m’s before and the soup looks like other delicious varieties I’ve seen at the store, but WOWZA! the rest look so good.
One of my winter-time favorites is Hot Cocoa. I have recently discovered a little local brand that of course I can’t think of right now, and that I, of course, am out of (I just ran to the pantry and alas, it is gone). Sipping on Hot cocoa while warming my hands on the mug (that just might be my favorite part) is heavenly on a chilly day.
wish I could edit my post, because I just realized that forgot the “NEVER” in the “actually [never] seen nor heard of” sentence. Please excuse me….and pick me.
I LOVE the peppermint stick ice cream that you can only buy at Christmas, topped with hot fudge. Heavenly!
I LOVE the wintertime Hershey’s Kisses flavors – the white chocolate mint, the milk chocolate mint, MMMMM! But I’m thinking I need to try those Jo’s chocolate mint crunch cookies/candies…that’s looking like my next good argument for yet another pair of stretchy pants…
The pretzels with a candy cane kiss melted on tip with a mint m&m pressed into it. YUMMMM!
I am currently in love with Choffy- it is brewed cocoa beans and it smells and tastes wonderful! I would love to win this goodie basket!